Taking a mark around the ground (umpiring) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Taking a mark around the ground (umpiring)

It's amuses me that they allow 2-3 second for a back man to take his kick and then is called to play-on, but a forward is allocated 30 seconds. He then takes his fully allocated time and sometimes passes it anyway. Umpires should ask the forward/s if they are taking a shot, if they are they are not allowed to pass off.

They should hire more lawyers/doctors to become umpires and pay them good money to keep fit on their weekends. Reduce the 5km time trial time to 22 minutes, which is still incredibly fit.

It's embarrassing when the players know the rules better than the umps.

Chimptastic said:
They should hire more lawyers/doctors to become umpires and pay them good money to keep fit on their weekends. Reduce the 5km time trial time to 22 minutes, which is still incredibly fit.

It's embarrassing when the players know the rules better than the umps.

Most of them are well educated ie lawyers, chemists, (not sure about doctors)

H tiger said:
I've met umpire (number 27) a few times..... He is a peanut

Did he award the free for returning the ball too hard?... Figures

Was #25, Shaun Ryan. Robbed us consistently in the Wallace era. Retired a while ago and made a comeback this year.

#27 is Ben Ryan, no relation.

tigertim said:
Most of them are well educated ie lawyers, chemists, (not sure about doctors)

Here's the problem. They should live and die by the sword. Full time or nothing. If they have a secondary form of income they can afford to be *smile*

When hawkins has a shot at goal around his body on the mark, you should imediately be able to run at him has first step is play on, trouble is umpires slow to call play on here, and player on the mark should move out to stop the openly better angle thats created.