Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

The problem of letting Stack go, he will burn us more then Stengle Higgins Bulter Chol and Ellis all put together.
100% guarnteed WC or Freo would pick him up.
He is best 22 at WC and he will prove better then some duds on Freo's list
They’re prob the last ones that’ll pick him up as they knew too well in the first place to avoid him and his form off field has only underlined that decision , more than likely a melb club will roll the dice

Reactions: 1 user
The problem of letting Stack go, he will burn us more then Stengle Higgins Bulter Chol and Ellis all put together.
100% guarnteed WC or Freo would pick him up.
He is best 22 at WC and he will prove better then some duds on Freo's list
At WC or Frockers Stackman will play off HB and kill it

Reactions: 2 users
Stack is a player.
Let him play.
I am not fussed about the results but we need to get confidence in him, give him confidence in us.
He can't do any worse than the skylarking *smile* we pit up with last week.

Stack is a player.
Let him play.
I am not fussed about the results but we need to get confidence in him, give him confidence in us.
He can't do any worse than the skylarking *smile* we pit up with last week.
Exactly.

Lack of skill and lack of composure cost the game last week, and most of our losses this year.

Stack brings both.

Last edited:
  • Love
The photos would all be off ankles because that’s where he always aims
He has used his ankles a few time for set shots, and shots on the run, and snags from side on and chip passing, and handballing.
I still like the fact he has 3 medals (that I don')t and missed 6 shots in a gf and didn't ankle a single goal but we still won.

Reactions: 1 user
He has used his ankles a few time for set shots, and shots on the run, and snags from side on and chip passing, and handballing.
I still like the fact he has 3 medals (that I don')t and missed 6 shots in a gf and didn't ankle a single goal but we still won.
I’ve worked it out.
Perhaps the photos were of ankles wrapped around someone’s ears?

Last edited:
Got to feel for Syd, he surely would've got a game if Dan and MJ don't play.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
What Syd has over many other youngsters is that he's shown previously he has the ability to play at senior level (very well I may add).
I'd keep him ahead of a few on that basis but those closer to the club will know better in this instance.
I think he is on our rookie list and this is his second year there?
My understanding is that he will go into the National draft with all clubs having the right to bid for his services.
The chances of us getting him look pretty slim?

If we retain Stack at seasons end, in the pre-season I want to hear more stories about how he pushed himself so hard he vomited after training (like we heard about when we first drafted him). Then and only then, does he give himself a chance of success.

This is not about football talent, it's about getting his body and fitness to a level to allow his skills to flourish along with his confidence.
Looking back that may have just been a bad kebab from the night before

Got to feel for Syd, he surely would've got a game if Dan and MJ don't play.
There's actually been a couple of other times Stack was ripe for the picking in the 1s and became injured in the previous game. Yes he's created his own issues but he's also been quite unlucky at times due to circumstances imo.

He's better than 3/4 of the list on talent. He hasn't had great luck. Be amazed if he was let go.
I don't think that bad luck is the main reason he's played fewer than 20 senior games in 2 and a half years. His output since the end of 2019 makes him a fringe player at best.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users