Straight to Qualifying Final next year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Straight to Qualifying Final next year

poppa x said:
I beg to differ.
Bulldogs may be 2016's Port Adelaide.
North will finally be too old.
Adelaide an unknown without Danger
West Coast - will opp'n coaches finally beat the "web"?
Hawks and Sydney are both ageing and could slide.
Freo may have only one more year before old age hits home.

2016 is IMO wide open.
Can only see Richmond and Collingwood as guaranteed improvers.

2c.

I wouldn't say its guaranteed we will improve.

Who knows what will happen?

Don't think we've won a first round final since 1982. Lost to Norf in 1995 and Essendon in 2001. Made the prelim by beating the Bombers in '95 and the Blues in '01. Then were smashed by Geelong and Brisbane.

CarnTheTiges said:
Don't think we've won a first round final since 1982. Lost to Norf in 1995 and Essendon in 2001. Made the prelim by beating the Bombers in '95 and the Blues in '01. Then were smashed by Geelong and Brisbane.

True.

But 1982 was the old final five.
We finished on top so our first final was the Second Semi Final - not a knockout final and not even a first round finals match.
Before that - 1980 - our first final was the Qualifying Final - again, not a knockout match.

You have to go back to 1977 to find Richmond winning a knockout first round finals match.
So long ago that the name of the team we beat was "South Melbourne".
A game where John Pitura, Francis Jackson and Graham Teasdale were all playing - post swap.

Sunday, 8 September 3:20 pm 2013
Sunday, 7 September 3:20 pm 2014
Sunday, 13 September 3:20 pm 2015
Friday 2 September 2016