Straight to Qualifying Final next year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Straight to Qualifying Final next year

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Elimination Finals just aren't our thing.....I think we need to focus on Qualifying Finals from now on......It would be one way to beat the Elim Final monkey on our back??

no, because even if we make the top 4, we're still gonna have to stare down an elimination final at some point.

The thing that is so disappointing squandering our opportunity is we're not guaranteed to even make the finals next year.

I know.....but it's not called an Elimination Final is my point..... Feeble attempt at some levity in these dark days.....

Ian4 said:
no, because even if we make the top 4, we're still gonna have to stare down an elimination final at some point.

That's okay, we can rest all our players in next year's elimination final Kangaroos-style, then bring them all back for the Semi / Prelim / Granny.

Genius.

67 special said:
I know.....but it's not called an Elimination Final is my point..... Feeble attempt at some levity in these dark days.....

Ahhhh. Maybe there is something in it. Fingers crossed cos we're not too flash at elimination finals.

rosy23 said:
The thing that is so disappointing squandering our opportunity is we're not guaranteed to even make the finals next year.
Absolutely. If you told Port supporters a year ago, that they wouldn't make finals, they'd have laughed.

Still need to make it - Teams like Bulldogs Adel North will make the numbers in the bottom 8 - teams like freo west coast hawks Sydney will again be close to top 4 so room in the 8 will be tight. This is assuming a team like Essendon - Collingwood - Gws or port have a really good year

Losing to Rabblebourne and other lowly sides again + brain fades in the heat of the moment = less chance of QF.

MUST NOT happen again!!

se7en said:
I reckon we'll make the GF next year. 8-

Same. I reckon we'll make the grand final every year. My track record isn't too flash though.

rosy23 said:
Same. I reckon we'll make the grand final every year. My track record isn't too flash though.

We've got it get it right sooner or later.

Tiggy10 said:
Still need to make it - Teams like Bulldogs Adel North will make the numbers in the bottom 8 - teams like freo west coast hawks Sydney will again be close to top 4 so room in the 8 will be tight. This is assuming a team like Essendon - Collingwood - Gws or port have a really good year

I beg to differ.
Bulldogs may be 2016's Port Adelaide.
North will finally be too old.
Adelaide an unknown without Danger
West Coast - will opp'n coaches finally beat the "web"?
Hawks and Sydney are both ageing and could slide.
Freo may have only one more year before old age hits home.

2016 is IMO wide open.
Can only see Richmond and Collingwood as guaranteed improvers.

2c.

poppa x said:
I beg to differ.

2016 is IMO wide open.

2c.

Agree it is wide open, Hell even a fit and firing G ablett and possible Stevie J at GC could get them into finals too.

I am not sure anybody is a garentee lock for finals.

End of the day WIN the games you are meant to win.

Scratch and claw against a top 4 side.

poppa x said:
I beg to differ.

2016 is IMO wide open.

2c.

West Coast have a youngish list and play home games in Perth, so always good for a few wins.
Freo are coming to the end of their cycle.
North are coming to the end of their cycle.
Sydney are coming to the end of their cycle, especially with a Buddy noose around their necks.
Bulldogs could go either way. Agree. Could be next years Port.
GWS will be thereabouts.
Port will recover and push for top-4.
Adelaide will be thereabouts (depending on Dangerfield)
Geelong will be thereabouts.
I'm still confident we can be top-4 next season but we need a good front half. We can't afford to be 2-4 or 3-7 and try and turn it around.

DirtyDogTiger said:
If we had beaten geelong and melbourne we'd have finished top and got a guaranteed semi final.
yesterday's game would have been v Hawks at the MCG.
The way we played yesterday the hawks would of smashed us as well

poppa x said:
I beg to differ.

2016 is IMO wide open.

2c.

Additionally.Port Adelaide will come back strong next year too I reckon. San Francisco Giants? Improved a lot this year, could be an awkward opponent next season.

But yes agree, Sydney, Freo, North have their aging challenges. Cracks are starting to appear in the once thought invincible Hawks. They look like taking a similar path to Geelong at the end of their recent great era (thank goodness).