Slater | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Slater

when you have $4m+ in debt, there are more important things to do with the $1m per annum Slater would cost

that being said, i hope he stays at the Storm. he a awesome to watch in league, and if he crossed to afl he would never be as brilliant

deledio3 said:
IMO he would be worth the risk - just a talented athlete all around. Not only that he hits the ball hard and is ferocious.
So was Tim Flemming - and Jake King - and a bunch of others over the years who have never been good enough.

Tenacious said:
So was Tim Flemming - and Jake King - and a bunch of others over the years who have never been good enough.

yes, but at least Slater is a champ at something already, nothing like the two you mention!

Tenacious said:

You're comparing Billy Slater to Tim Fleming and Jake King because...? lol

rockstar_tiger said:
You're comparing Billy Slater to Tim Fleming and Jake King because...? lol
.... because of the line about Billy Slater "hits the ball hard and is ferocious" ....

IMHO - so what if Billy Slater "hits the ball hard and is ferocious".
I'm saying that's no reason for us to want him.

Tenacious said:
.... because of the line about Billy Slater "hits the ball hard and is ferocious" ....

IMHO - so what if Billy Slater "hits the ball hard and is ferocious".
I'm saying that's no reason for us to want him.

If that's the only thing he could do, I'd agree. Depends how good his skills are of course, while they say he's good it might be different in an actual game. I don't think it'll happen though, so probably irrelevant.

Rfc4Ever said:
Dud topic...delete... :help

who made you the oracle of topic worthiness? Geez. Get back to WoW

Slater would be a red hot footy player. Just like Ablett or Matthews would have been red hot league players. More value to WS or GC though