Show me the money!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Show me the money!!!!

Has anyone seen Hird's commentary on Fox? He's way out of touch and I get the impression that footy isn't on his radar, if he is seriously looking at becoming a coach he would have a better understanding/knowledge of the current players and contemporary game styles.

Isn't Hirdy's mate and Business partner a mad Tiger supporter ? Involved in the club in some way. Possible on the committee that interviewed the first round of perspective coaches I think.

premiers2010 said:
I could be wrong but I thought Campbell was our forward coach and Lade is ruck and midfield
He certainly was midfield last year, he's the only coach on the website that doesn't specify his role. However Daly is forward coach, Leppitch is defensive coach and Lade is ruck/midfield coach. That leaves Campbell, perhaps he makes the coffee, but pretty sure he still looks after the midfield.

Zero just went to the website and couldn't find the coach designations.

From memory think you are correct though I'm not sure about the Campbell/Lade idea since they seem to have a conflict.

Think Lade may be ruck/stoppage coach and Campbell is the midfield coach.

It sorta makes sense if you consider Campbell coaches movement thru the midfield and Lade does set up at stoppages.

toothless said:
Has anyone seen Hird's commentary on Fox? He's way out of touch and I get the impression that footy isn't on his radar, if he is seriously looking at becoming a coach he would have a better understanding/knowledge of the current players and contemporary game styles.

Disagree 100%
Hird's comments on football are for mine the best in the business, he makes Mike Sheahan look like a fool without even trying. love Matthews and Blight and Carey as well even though they come across as a bit ockerish and blunt. Hird is prescise and to the point, he rarely rambles on, his grasp on the english language is second to none in that area.

If Neil Craig gets the lemon and sars from the ravens, find a few extra dolleros for him as an assistant also

Agree with the Hird concept, sort of like Worsfold having a stint at the filth before returning to his spiritual home to coach

tropicaltiger said:
Disagree 100%
Hird's comments on football are for mine the best in the business, he makes Mike Sheahan look like a fool without even trying.

yeah, but that's like shooting fish in a barrel....even Mike Sheahan makes Mike Sheahan look like a fool without even trying

Brodders17 said:

Only that Hardwick would have looked to him somewhat in the beginning, as would be normal of any new chief looking to his inherited assistant, but in time there can be obvious reasons why an assistant remains an assistant to his new successor.

As just one example, would love to know the discussions that have been had on Tuck.

tropicaltiger said:
Disagree 100%
Hird's comments on football are for mine the best in the business, he makes Mike Sheahan look like a fool without even trying. love Matthews and Blight and Carey as well even though they come across as a bit ockerish and blunt. Hird is prescise and to the point, he rarely rambles on, his grasp on the english language is second to none in that area.

Hird will make a good coach I reckon. Don't know if its coincidence but it seems in most cases those players who were hard at the ball at all expense in their playing days have gone on to be successful coaches.

GoodOne said:
Hird will make a good coach I reckon. Don't know if its coincidence but it seems in most cases those players who were hard at the ball at all expense in their playing days have gone on to be successful coaches.

Meaning what what for Hart and Bartlett? ;)

Phar Ace said:
Meaning what what for Hart and Bartlett? ;)

Obviously you also need to have a good coaching brain as well. Was never a fan of Bartlett as a coach. Just saying that a high proportion of topline coaches were also hard and fearless on the field (probably wouldnt even classify Bartlett in that group).

i didnt say that hird wouldnt be a good coach. all i was saying is that he isnt interested in coaching as his priorities are in other areas, hes an apt business man and has his family to worry about. I believe from his commentary that I have only seen once that he isn't following the league that closely, hence I don't see him pursuing a career in footy again. I get the impression he is commentating for some pocket money