Shouldn't We Have Improved? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shouldn't We Have Improved?

looking at this from another angle,

wasnt hardwick going on about improving skills during pre season? back to basics kicking handballing leading marking pressure tackling.....those sort of things.

if thats what they were teaching them during pre season then we have real problems. our skills are not even VFL level at the moment. how u can not hit a target with a kick 15m away time after time, being an AFL player is, is flabergasting. how u can not hit a team mate with a 3m handball is unacceptable. we keep droping simple marks, we never lead and present for the ball. we leave opposition players freee all over the park, man on man its a simple thing. follow one bloke thats it.

if we were to improve (our skills), we have indeed gone backwards. its embarassing to watch how bad our skills are,
for an AFL team its EMBARASSING!!

We are 5 years away from reaching our peak. If you take a 2 year old colt and race him against group 1 horses it can kill the horse! how on earth can you expect our colts to match it week in and week out against stronger bodies? wait until the second half of the year when our young players bodies start to wilt - we are in for some fearful hidings. Next year will be little better. 2012 we will see some improvement.

Hardwick and Co. are right on track and will get the results if they stay the course.

This is a marathon not a sprint.

well what i saw on the weekend , we so blooody undermannned , i think the looks of edwards,hisloppppy, simmmonds, they were atroicious .. so many turnovers ,
Post was in no man's land , mathew dea poor bloke , first game not use to the flow , taylor thinks he sitll playing tac football, got the touch but its like think he tries to dance ,, not like cyril . who just has the flow of the ball . in other words ball magnet ,, ...
our midfield was no where .. all they had to do just jamar's tap and get the clearance .,,.
damien yu need to get back to the box to watch from above and the trainer who went over the mark to award a 50 metre penalty OMG ...
we will get thrashed by freo, and the cats ... loooking freos model last few years they recruited so well on the rookie list ... we absolute trash. craig cameron / francis jackson .. yu need to really recruit ... just pinch some rrecuiting guy from geelong ...
look at what we recruited last year 2007 ?
tayte pears or alex rance

Mac said:
No.
Just a new game plan would be enough to need some adjustment. We're only at round 4.

Several new .......................... etc etc

Agree with all your reply - but the the first bit says it all.

mrv louey said:
well what i saw on the weekend , we so blooody undermannned , i think the looks of edwards,hisloppppy, simmmonds, they were atroicious .. so many turnovers ,
Post was in no man's land , mathew dea poor bloke , first game not use to the flow , taylor thinks he sitll playing tac football, got the touch but its like think he tries to dance ,, not like cyril . who just has the flow of the ball . in other words ball magnet ,, ...
our midfield was no where .. all they had to do just jamar's tap and get the clearance .,,.
damien yu need to get back to the box to watch from above and the trainer who went over the mark to award a 50 metre penalty OMG ...
we will get thrashed by freo, and the cats ... loooking freos model last few years they recruited so well on the rookie list ... we absolute trash. craig cameron / francis jackson .. yu need to really recruit ... just pinch some rrecuiting guy from geelong ...
look at what we recruited last year 2007 ?
tayte pears or alex rance

i like the look of our rookie list...Roberts, Gourdis, Hicks, Hoff, Contin and O'rielly...all of which are showing promise...it's some of our early selections in recent yrs that come under scrutiny ???

tonemaster said:
Of the 13 players no longer Tigers from last year, only Bowden had any real influence over the course of the year, and even he only played 12 games.

The other 12 players just made up the numbers.

Comparing the teams, theoretically this year's team should be better, what with Dustin Martin and Ben Nason's emergence and the extra experience in the legs of players like Vickery, Thursfield, Moore, Riewoldt, Nahas, Tambling, Deledio, Edwards etc., not to mention the new coach who is supposedly a far better one than Wallace.

But this year's bunch of players have been producing decidedly less than last year's. Sure, it's early days, but I feel like we're farther off winning games this year than we were last.

So what's happened?

I really don't understand how we could have gone backwards.

OMFG

Have you been on Mars the last 9 months or so?

Or did you not pay any attention to what has been happening, or not listen to a thing the club said all summer?

Or are you just stupid?

Fair Dinkum.

rosy23 said:
They only contributed to a hand full of games last season though. I would have expected us to be more competitive this season. A few senior players haven't been at their best and we've had a few very ordinary quarters. There's no reason that can't change straight away with the right mindset and belief.
Spot on Rosy