Should we be this crap? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should we be this crap?

A mate of mine said a similar thing about the Richmond Tigers not being able to beat the Balwyn Tigers. I pointed out to him that RFC had beaten Geelong by 50 odd points (admittedly in a practice match).
His come back was that Geelong had about 10 premiership players out.
Iirc we also had a couple of senior players out too.
So they still had 12 premiership players + lots of players with a great deal of senior experience,
and we beat them.

You could get the best VFL, WAFL, SANFL or any of the strongest country footy teams to play Richmond & they would be absolutely smashed by the Tigers.

Geelong on the weekend were determined to make a statement, unfortunately we were the poor bunnies that played them.

It really was a case of a tough, well drilled team of MEN, playing a team of young, experienced boys with a couple of wornout old hands in the team.

We are in the unenviable position of having to play quite a few youngsters who really should be gaining experience in the magoos.

Again I thank Uncle Clinty for his inept financial management, which forced us into this predicament.

TT33 said:
A mate of mine said a similar thing about the Richmond Tigers not being able to beat the Balwyn Tigers. I pointed out to him that RFC had beaten Geelong by 50 odd points (admittedly in a practice match).
His come back was that Geelong had about 10 premiership players out.
Iirc we also had a couple of senior players out too.
So they still had 12 premiership players + lots of players with a great deal of senior experience,
and we beat them.

You could get the best VFL, WAFL, SANFL or any of the strongest country footy teams to play Richmond & they would be absolutely smashed by the Tigers.

Geelong on the weekend were determined to make a statement, unfortunately we were the poor bunnies that played them.

It really was a case of a tough, well drilled team of MEN, playing a team of young, experienced boys with a couple of wornout old hands in the team.

We are in the unenviable position of having to play quite a few youngsters who really should be gaining experience in the magoos.

Again I thank Uncle Clinty for his inept financial management, which forced us into this predicament.

Excellent post TT.

The endevour was not there and we got smashed because of it. You can't go to Geelong and be intimidated. You don't have to be a classy player to stamp a physical presence on a game. Big bodies aren't an excuse for not putting your body in there in the first place.

I personally think dropping these kids would help them get the hunger a week or two in the seconds the back in to prove their worth once again is a good option.

Losing by over 100 isn't good enough no matter how well your development plans are going.