September | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

September

TigerForce said:
Jarryd Hayne might be in their starting line-up tomorrow.

i don't usually watch NFL but gonna watch 49ers now that Hayne is in it.

Not really. I'll watch the grand final (traditional bbq at my place or my best mates place) but not the rest. Not that it is indicative of my dummy spit, I've been watching less and less football nowadays.

If the doggies were still in it, I'd be watching. They play an attractive game, and I have a soft spot for them.

casper68 said:
That was my reasoning for picking the 49ers.
I am living in Miami Fl. If you want to support a team which has the same frustrating tendencies as the Tigers look no further than the the Miami Dolphins.

I feel disappointed with a football team pretty much year round now.

H tiger said:
I am living in Miami Fl. If you want to support a team which has the same frustrating tendencies as the Tigers look no further than the the Miami Dolphins.

Hehe. The Dan Marino years were pretty good.
Besides, at least you have these girls to cheer you up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfbghHdG1s

I personally hope Adelaide or Freo win it as I don't know anyone who supports these teams and Melbourne will not give a stuff within 2 minutes of the final siren going.
We can get on with life like this season never happened.
If a Victorian team wins it, then we'll never hear the end of it.

H tiger said:

Yep. 3 under-performing teams in Florida for too long now. Oh well, you won today so it's a start. ;D

H tiger said:

If you want to support a team that is very successful and don't mind a diff type of sport. Go watch a game of hurling on You tube and follow the Kilkenny Cats . Same colours as the Tiges and have won 36 all ireland finals. :spin

H tiger said:

I must be drawn to teams with these tendencies. Jumped on Leeds United in English football when I was a kid, for the Australian connection with Kewell and Viduka playing for them.

Eerie parallels to Richmond. Huge in the 1960s-70s and a bit in the 80s, with a large raucous following. Have had some very lean times over the past 10-15 years, dropping several divisions. Only difference is they had relative success through the 90s, but was built on overspending, hence their current predicament. Many in England, begrudgingly see them as a sleeping giant.

New York Knicks in the NBA basketball are along similar lines also, and I have a soft sot for them.

Used to watch the Dallas Cowboys purely and simply for Emmett Smith. Football is pretty much irrelevant to me now as a competition. Trade week is probably going to be more painful than usual as I watch us miss out on anyone worth having and crow about how we've picked up some quality because we've just managed to land some bloke that no one else wanted.