September | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

September

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
September-
The paddocks are green
The trees are getting new leaves
The wattle and canola paint the countryside a happy yellow
The boronia smells wonderful
Love the first month of spring and all these things remind me of footy finals time
Alas the smell of liniment isn't in the air for us...again.

I'll still follow the finals with interest. I love footy, especially good contests from the top teams. I'll hope for certain teams to do well. Despite Tigerdog needing a bucket I'd love to see one of my kids' teams hold the cup up this year now that it can't be us.

Do others still have an interest? Are there teams you'd prefer to see do well? Will you keep watching or is footy season well over for you?

Dream result for me is Swans rolling North next week then the Hawks winning the flag.

How long until trade week starts ?

Baloo said:
Dream result for me is Swans rolling North next week then the Hawks winning the flag.

How long until trade week starts ?

Same here, as much as I hate $ydney. Time for Smug Scott to cop it.

Only thing of interest left for me is Adelaide. Hope they can win it for Walsh. That team are mental heavyweights. They have taken that tragedy and harnessed it into a mega spur. Mental minnows (e.g. yellow and black ones) would have caved in (e.g. Tom Hafey scenario).

Football season is over for me now .Time to watch some gridiron and look forward to watching the Clippers first championship in the NBA.

I used to love watching footy but I now only love the Tigers. It's too sanitised, the expansion teams etc etc. The ridiculous Patrick Keane comment to Dimma at the press conference is just another example of why.

Will probably watch the Grand final and that will be it for the rest of the season

As long as neither of West Coast or Adelaide win it I don't care......(notwithstanding the tragedy besetting Adelaide this year and notwithstanding the admirable way they have handled it, ........I still can't stand em.) Hawks and North are at least Victorian........Sydney is sort of Victorian given the South Melbourne connection and Freo have copped it for years from the West Coast supporters, (whose team was a disgrace in their Kerr, Cousins etc years).....so I wouldn't even begrudge Freo a win.....

Sintiger said:
I used to love watching footy but I now only love the Tigers. It's too sanitised, the expansion teams etc etc. The ridiculous Patrick Keane comment to Dimma at the press conference is just another example of why.

Will probably watch the Grand final and that will be it for the rest of the season

x2

casper68 said:
Football season is over for me now .Time to watch some gridiron and look forward to watching the Clippers first championship in the NBA.

Doing it now casper, but it already looks like a bad season coming up for my Steelers. :(

rosy23 said:
September-
The paddocks are green
Love the first month of spring and all these things remind me of footy finals time

I'll still follow the finals with interest. I love footy, especially good contests from the top teams. I'll hope for certain teams to do well. Despite Tigerdog needing a bucket I'd love to see one of my kids' teams hold the cup up this year now that it can't be us.

Do others still have an interest? Are there teams you'd prefer to see do well? Will you keep watching or is footy season well over for you?

couldnt give a rats clacker ...

footy is rubbish these days (IMHO)

Yeah I don't like what it's become either but I do like watching good footy. Hope there are some good games ahead.

I'd like to see FREO win it , they got screwed big time coming into the comp .compare them to the state of origin side west coast got the assistance the cola kings get and the two new franchise teams got .
They remind me a lot like us woeful recruiting mistakes ageing players eg Pav holding on trying to win the flag .

69 vintage said:
I'd like to see FREO win it , they got screwed big time coming into the comp .compare them to the state of origin side west coast got the assistance the cola kings get and the two new franchise teams got .
They remind me a lot like us woeful recruiting mistakes ageing players eg Pav holding on trying to win the flag .

and freo were smart to rest everyone in round 23

rosy23 said:
September-
The paddocks are green

Im hating football right now .

Yeah, never card for the NFL but with Hayne playing I'll need to watch.

Rugby World Cup starts in a couple of days as well