Selwood v Hodge who is the best inspirational leader of a team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selwood v Hodge who is the best inspirational leader of a team

Who would you love leading your team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy H

Tiger Champion
Apr 5, 2014
I think it's a great question. You will only find out answers after you have voted. They are both inspirational. I vote currently Selwood. He just is unbelievable but Hodge is so much a inspiration to the Hawks. This is my first thread inspired posting. I personally think it is a real talking point.

Hodge, by a mile. Hodge and Jono Brown are, for me, the two standout leaders in recent history.

I voted Hodge because of the way he can change the course of a game. Tough and inspirational. Hard to know though. Wish we had a couple of of leaders of their calibre and influence. I'd love both at Tigerland.

Gee intersting so far with Hodge. He's a great leader but I personally think Selwood is a tad better but each to their own. I'm with you Rosy. Just imagine if both were down at Punt Road. Wow.

Baloo said:
Hodge, by a mile. Hodge and Jono Brown are, for me, the two standout leaders in recent history.
Actually don't rate jono brown as a "leader". Unbelievable player but has led the lions during some questionable off field incidents and last year's exodus says to me they are actually a club bereft of leaders.
Too old school, happy to sink pots with the boys but times have changed.

Hodge is one of my all time favs an appears to be more of an onfield general, then Selwood, it's a great debate but one that can never be one as they are both great Captains and leaders, let's not forget the Hawks didn't give Hodge the captaincy at first....Johno Brown not a great leader :rofl

Hate Selwood but secretly he is everything I wish Chimp could be with more flair.

In saying that I'd take a fit Hodge as he is more dynamic

An uninjured Hodge.

So many leaders at geel that selwood doesn't have to do too much anyway...just play to his normal standard.

I chose Selwood, by a whisker (pardon the pun). That said, would happily see either or both players (absolute champions) playing in the yellow and black.
The Tigers need a player or two of this calibre.

Selwood just 2011grand final sticks in my mind selwood and bartel
Were huge in that game.