saturday fox footy central | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

saturday fox footy central

TigerForce said:
Funny to see how young Jack, Shank and Lids all looked. I still remember this with Jack's final torp dropping short in the last seconds.

None of the jumpers fit them!

Whitey kicking a ripper on the run was good. Still feel of Kel with that shot from him. The footy clearly had it out for him to hit the post from where he started the kick!

Tigertool said:
None of the jumpers fit them!

Whitey kicking a ripper on the run was good. Still feel of Kel with that shot from him. The footy clearly had it out for him to hit the post from where he started the kick!

I keep forgetting that Troy Simmonds played for us.

tigertim said:
You cast AFL Live using chromecast? How?

You can simulcast the screen with a chromecast, rather than just casting from the app. Hit Devices, then hit 'cast screen'. It drains the battery a little, but i just have it plugged in while it's casting.

Was an enjoyable game.

Amazing to see how much the game has changed over 7 years. Certainly not the rolling mauls we have now and much more open.

Personally enjoy that style of football more as a spectacle than what is served up these days.

Coburgtiger said:
You can simulcast the screen with a chromecast, rather than just casting from the app. Hit Devices, then hit 'cast screen'. It drains the battery a little, but i just have it plugged in while it's casting.
Ok, cheers, I'll try it out this weekend

snaps truly said:
Channel 7 only broadcasting three games per week. They've chopped Saturday arvo games

Its not just that. Ch 7 are doing 12 Thursday night games from 2017 and these 12 games are being taken from Saturday arvo. There will be 25% less games on footys traditional timeslot. Its a disgrace.

Ian4 said:
Its not just that. Ch 7 are doing 12 Thursday night games from 2017 and these 12 games are being taken from Saturday arvo. There will be 25% less games on footys traditional timeslot. Its a disgrace.

And AFL livepass will only work for Telstra subscribers with this new agreement. http://www.watoday.com.au/digital-life/computers/gadgets-on-the-go/foxtel-and-telstra-still-have-footy-fans-by-the-balls-20150819-gj2f76.html

What about the GF?
It's been the one game of the year not shown live on Foxtel (and in HD) - forcing everyone to watch Ch 7 (w/o HD).
Any news on that?

Tigerdog said:
And AFL livepass will only work for Telstra subscribers with this new agreement. http://www.watoday.com.au/digital-life/computers/gadgets-on-the-go/foxtel-and-telstra-still-have-footy-fans-by-the-balls-20150819-gj2f76.html
This gets more confusion by the minute!

Coburgtiger said:
Tried this tonight, didn't work for me, there's no "cast screen" option under devices in chrome cast.

tigertim said:
I wonder if the AFL will allow people paying for AFL Live on their phone or tablets to cast in the next rights deal.

Currently I pay $90 to subscribe to AFL live annually but can't cast it (using chrome cast) to my TV.

I can! Do it the same way as Coburgtiger. We put the tablet next to the wifi and it improves the picture quality. Haven't worked out how to improve the commentary yet

Total Tiger said:
I can! Do it the same way as Coburgtiger. We put the tablet next to the wifi and it improves the picture quality. Haven't worked out how to improve the commentary yet
Yeah, I don't get the "cast screen" option under devices. I think it's an apple thing as I'm using an iPad. Are guys using iPads or other?

tigertim said:
Yeah, I don't get the "cast screen" option under devices. I think it's an apple thing as I'm using an iPad. Are guys using iPads or other?

No, android here