saturday fox footy central | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

saturday fox footy central

Bump.

So many of you have now heard about the new TV rights deal? Say goodbye to Saturday afternoon footy.

RIP.

its *smile*! taking the sport away from the fans. don't they realise if ppl can't watch the games thier team plays they will lose interest altogether?

Ian4 said:
Bump.

So many of you have now heard about the new TV rights deal? Say goodbye to Saturday afternoon footy.

RIP.
I haven't! Seriously. What's happening for Saturday afternoon footy?

snaps truly said:
Channel 7 only broadcasting three games per week. They've chopped Saturday arvo games
Oh, ok, thanks. The Saturday afternoon coverage was ruined when they reintroduced the 90 minute delay.

So I wonder if buying the VFL rights was a precursor? Ie it's cheaper to show VFL footy on a Saturday afternoon?

Bad news for viewers in QLD. As it stands atm we get 4 games a week free to air and live and 2 of those games every week feature Brisbane and GC. So unless your team plays lots of Friday nights (which Tigers fans have been lucky with this year) the chances of seeing your team on free to air in QLD are very slim.
This could change because Foxtel are almost certain to on sell a Sat afternoon game to 10 because they need something to boos its ratings and asfaik Murdoch owns a fair chunk of 10.
Still, on the surface, doesn't seem like a great deal if you are a fan of any other teams besides Bris and GC and live in QLD.

I wonder if the AFL will allow people paying for AFL Live on their phone or tablets to cast in the next rights deal.

Currently I pay $90 to subscribe to AFL live annually but can't cast it (using chrome cast) to my TV.

I have the same issue Tim. Can watch it on my tablet but cant cast it to my tv. Apparently it will be available on Testra tv, not that that helps.

Tigerdog said:
I have the same issue Tim. Can watch it on my tablet but cant cast it to my tv. Apparently it will be available on Testra tv, not that that helps.
I don't know what Telstra TV is but I'm guessing I'm not going to buy it anyway.

I actually bought a cheap connector that goes from the iPad to the TV but the quality was awful and it kept dropping out.

Tigerdog said:

I just screen cast using the chrome cast, it works pretty well.

Tigertool said:
Richmond V St Kilda from 2008 is the choose day night game on right now

Funny to see how young Jack, Shank and Lids all looked. I still remember this with Jack's final torp dropping short in the last seconds.

TigerForce said:
Funny to see how young Jack, Shank and Lids all looked. I still remember this with Jack's final torp dropping short in the last seconds.

well thanks for spoiling the ending!

tigertim said:
I don't know what Telstra TV is but I'm guessing I'm not going to buy it anyway.

I actually bought a cheap connector that goes from the iPad to the TV but the quality was awful and it kept dropping out.

I find it drops out anyway. Usually once per quarter if im watching on my phone. Not worth it until you can cast it on the TV.