Round 7 Adelaide at AAMI | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 Adelaide at AAMI

Don't think people should be getting their hopes up for a win this week. Crows still have a lot of good players in their team and big bodies, they're just out of form. I have no doubt we will play them into form on their home ground. A win is more likely against North, West Coast (in Melbourne) and Essendon IMO.

If the Crows lose this weekend their fans will firstly burn down AAMI stadium and then torch their training venue at West Lakes.

Some sleepless nights ahead for Neil Craig.

Barnzy said:
Don't think people should be getting their hopes up for a win this week. Crows still have a lot of good players in their team and big bodies, they're just out of form. I have no doubt we will play them into form on their home ground. A win is more likely against North, West Coast (in Melbourne) and Essendon IMO.

reckon we may have a chance against them IF we can ran them ragged

if however they lock us down and make it an arm wrestle, we will yet again be in trouble

Cant see us kicking a big enough score to win, aside from the smaller bodies were simply too unfit. If we were in a winning position, would we know how to win? I doubt it. ???

We must lose this. We can't have those thieving crow eaters stealing Pick 4 from right under our noses.

Baloo said:
We must lose this. We can't have those thieving crow eaters stealing Pick 4 from right under our noses.

Maybe the question should be asked.

Would you rather we win or lose this one ?

Myself, i would prefer the 4 points. Being a young side it may provide a bit of a spark to enthusiasm levels of those that may be lacking.
By all means, i don't believe we are top 8 material atm. But i would like to see how the players play and react when we are in a winning position. This is also part of the learning process.

Could Martin/Nason/Astbury/Webberley e.t.c. take there game to another level riding on the back of adrenalin ?
Only time may tell.

se7en said:
Would like to know the stat for a team that lost by 100 pts+ then turn it around by wining the next week.
I'm sure it isn't too high.

We might keep up for 3 quarters but after that .... :help

Turn back the pages of time to 2006. We got smashed by Sydney at Telstra Dome by 118 points (on my wedding day!), and then the next week we beat Adelaide by 3 points in a thriller.

Here's hoping history repeats itself.

se7en said:
Would like to know the stat for a team that lost by 100 pts+ then turn it around by wining the next week.
I'm sure it isn't too high.

We might keep up for 3 quarters but after that .... :help

Tigers
1986 r14 -101 Haw r15 +28 Nth
1992 r3 -126 Gee r4 +50 Mel
1997 r17 -137 Ade r18 +15 WBD
2006 r7 -118 Syd r8 +3 Ade

Most recent example was this year Nth -104 R2 v St K then beat Eagles by 25 r3

Smoking Aces said:
If the Crows lose this weekend their fans will firstly burn down AAMI stadium and then torch their training venue at West Lakes.

Some sleepless nights ahead for Neil Craig.

Must say that the pressure will be on the Crows this weekend. They are expected to win - we are expected to lose.

I would imagine that in the minute chance that we won, the Crows would be booed off the park for the first time in their history.

How good would that be?

Baloo said:

No way. We have to win at least a couple of games.
Hate to be the first team in 40 odd years to go through a season without a win

pressure will be on Neil Craig late in the year if they are still struggling and they will win games in the second half.

willo said:
I think they struggle to attend their own games ;D

Well they'll be cheering from their loungerooms, they'd love to see the Crows on the bottom.

We've been gone at quarter time in four of our six games. If - and it's a big if - we can stay with them to half time, we've got some hope as they've been fading towards the finish of their matches. Only kicked eight last quarter goals for the year.