Round 6: The Holden Gemini games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6: The Holden Gemini games.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Disagree Snake. Jumps on the footy and lays dead. No attempt. That’s a free every day of the week.

The Crows played for the free and rightly so weren’t given one. But that doesn’t mean they get penalised for the blatant obvious.
Spot on.

Shocking non-decision. Appalling.

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
*smile* weask efforts made a few of them so did Nankervis.

Soligo needs to be rescued get him to the Tigers so he can play with his mate the Sonz.

They can have Graham.
Nah, Gone ... Durham too. We screwed up. Just think, not sure if my timing is right, but if Clarke and Hartley were astute enough to grab both S and D, we would never have needed to trade out all those high picks for TT and Hopper. Set with two strong young mids with longer careers ahead of them, as well as what we could have drafted instead.

Team reset almost done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Disagree Snake. Jumps on the footy and lays dead. No attempt. That’s a free every day of the week.

The Crows played for the free and rightly so weren’t given one. But that doesn’t mean they get penalised for the blatant obvious.
Honestly its not something I feel strongly about, BUT, to pass the time, I agree it was a free, but I can see why it wasn't paid.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I like Nicks as a coach he doesn't sugar coat anything but he's got to get a new list manager.
That Crows team made a billion unforced errors tonight. Some very poorly skilled players in that team.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
That Crows team made a billion unforced errors tonight. Some very poorly skilled players in that team.
This is what I took out of the game. So many potentially good chains of play botched by a clanger. Even from players who are allegedly skilled or seemed skilled.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Actually a pretty good game of footy except fot the result. Soligo & Durham are excellent pickups for both clubs. I love the way Durham plays. Two way footballer.
He's a ripper. To repeat myself, exactly what WE need. Rapid improver - noticeably bigger, stronger body developed in a couple of years. Soligo similar.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Rachelle or however you spell it is a liability.
Needs to be sat down in front of his teammates and told it's not his highlight reel.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Brad Scott just said the same thing I did in his presser, I need to go and have a shower.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
In typical nose-rubbing Essendon fashion (how is it a club some 150 years old have never been any different in how their players behave in victory?) ... Draper takes the p1ss out of the non-call in full view by re-enacting the scene during the post-match celebrations out on the ground.

F*** you, you over-sized looking rat.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

I have a real problem with umpires determining games. Yes, there's a valid case that a free could have been paid, although if you watch in real time, it wasn't long before he was buried after pulling it in. But, one of the few things I like about current umpiring is that they customarily are reluctant to pay one at the death that will decide the game. After all, both teams have had their chances to wrap it up earlier - if they were good enough. I understand that it is tough umpiring overall, and they want to avoid paying these last moment frees because they will be damned either way.

It was a really close game but, looking at the match stats, would have been a bit of a cheat if the Bummers lost it at the very end. They won the stats that matter IMO, plus kicked 3 goals in behinds, double the Crows. Slightly more frees 22/18 but they won key stats like Ds, i50s, Cls and stoppages (just), CPs, UPs, led on the scoreboard for over 3/4s of the game.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
In typical nose-rubbing Essendon fashion (how is it a club some 150 years old have never been any different in how their players behave in victory?) ... Draper takes the p1ss out of the non-call in full view by re-enacting the scene during the post-match celebrations out on the ground.

F*** you, you over-sized looking rat.
Come on, BB, winners are grinners. I have no soft spot for them at all.

But remember your Freo win a couple of weeks back. Reckon there was a few Bluebaggers taking the *smile*!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Wow. Another embarrassing moment for the umpires, the AFL (and Draper and Arsendon).
Just a shocking non- decision. Farcical. Even Draper knows it.
You sound surprised. Not used to "AFL operations" yet? Consistency is an unknown quality at AFL House.