Round 5 - Positives | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 - Positives

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Nahas - responded well to being dropped. Reminded us of how he can play. Now he needs consistency
Rance - looked much better in the forward line and good kicking for goal
Deledio - a real general across half back and ran hard tonight. Showed leadership
TV - did well in the ruck, plenty of spirit
Dusty (again) - a footballer

Can't think of much else

Collins, was assured.
Vickery, despite copping some crap on here, thought he did well against the big fella.
Farmer, was slightly better, is good defensively at least.
Foley got through without injury

The way we are going, it wouldn't surprise me if we copped a few positive tests as well.

timYCW#7 said:
Collins, was assured.
You have to be joking? He and his type are the cause of so many problems. Collins for one has very little composure. His first thought always appears to be give it off no matter what...better someone else under the pump. Whats with the looping handballs to team mates under pressure or running backwards. Edwards and even though he wasn't playing last nite, Jackson to a lesser extent. All these guys do is put the side under further pressure with constant inept disposal. On the flip side only have to look as far as Foley to see what a little creative handball can do in terms of turning things our way.

Problem we have is that the guys we can bring in on only put up much of the same. Probably time to at least see what Webberly has to bring to the table.

strachanie19 said:
Collins for one has very little composure. His first thought always appears to be give it off no matter what...better someone else under the pump.

There are quite a few guys in our team that are like this, but Collins isn't one of them. If he has enough time, he props and looks for options. He runs the lines and has a decent kick on him.

Agility isn't great, but I thought he played very well last night. Hopefully he's starting to get over the fitness problems he had over the preseason.

I thought Collins went pretty well last night - especially after reading posts after last weeks game indicating he may have had an OP problem and couldn't run out the game.

Didn't think he was our worst player last night.

And can't wait to see Axel back to full fitness - have missed him in the guts - thought he was fantastic last night for his first full game back at senior level.

Ronby said:
And can't wait to see Axel back to full fitness - have missed him in the guts - thought he was fantastic last night for his first full game back at senior level.

Agree... He was great last night, considering it was his first proper game in over 6 months.

He has a turn of speed that we really miss in the midfield. I think he's great. :clap

1. foleys pace
2. collins drive
3. martins toughness
4 1st qtr
5 nahas tackling
6. rances free kicks

I think the pressure we applied in the 1st quarter was teriffic. Also Rance was my other positive, really good game from him.

Rance putting his head over the ball and accurate kicking
Foley great on return
Tuck fought hard all night. Missed one target but people still think he missed 20.
Nahas & nason

tigerlee said:
Foley's return was a positive for me.

Didn't realise how much we missed this guy. Great first game back, great first half. Saw him take on his opponents, can't wait for his dash to come back into his game.

1. I got to watch it it (on Tele in WA)
2. 1st quarter- regardless of what others are saying Freo were not asleep, we blitzed them
3. Farmer, Collins and Edwards- All very good (get off their backs please)
4. Cousins showing form
5. Delidio great off half back
6. Foley back and killing them
7. Rance looked at home
8. great ball movement at times
9. I had them picked to go down by 100 having watched a lot of freo this year and was proud at the application and aggression they showed. Not phased when all the freo supporters here have given it to me
10. Last but not least Nahas 7 tackles. A great example of what hunting the ball carrier can achieve for the team

Dimma continues to play kids and give them good game time in roles they know. Not the most important thing , however good to see we had more possies then the oposition , with not a lot of chip chip backwards crap.