Round 20 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 20 other games

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Pies playing their first game at the SCG since round 4, 2000. More than 15 years! WTF???

The Mole said:
Pies playing their first game at the SCG since round 4, 2000. More than 15 years! WTF???

They normally play at ANZ Stadium up there I think

Yep, the AFL was giving Scumwood a fighting chance by playing at ANZ Stadium, seeing as it is somewhat like Victoria Park.

From Wikipedia:
"... a large part of Olympic Park (ANZ Stadium) was an industrial wasteland after more than a century of industrial and military activities on the site. The site was once home to a brickworks, an abattoir and an armaments depot as well as being the site for eight of Sydney's rubbish dumps."

Dont know if Scumwood ever had any military activities but the rest is the same!

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Yep, the AFL was giving Scumwood a fighting chance by playing at ANZ Stadium, seeing as it is somewhat like Victoria Park.

From Wikipedia:
"... a large part of Olympic Park (ANZ Stadium) was an industrial wasteland after more than a century of industrial and military activities on the site. The site was once home to a brickworks, an abattoir and an armaments depot as well as being the site for eight of Sydney's rubbish dumps."

Dont know if Scumwood ever had any military activities but the rest is the same!
:eek: poetry in motion Chiang, as tidy a clip to Colonwood as I've seen in a while.

The Pies usually match up pretty well against the Swans, but I do hope the Swans win, purely because I don't want to see Collingwood win... a rock and a hard place...

Draw?

this is a tough one, would prefer to see Pies win as that would make Swans top 4 shaky, but if Pies win then next week becomes a "live" contest with Pies still a chance to make finals. Hmmmm....

The Mole said:

something to do with a deal between syd and anz stadium. Ended this year.

Columbo said:
this is a tough one, would prefer to see Pies win as that would make Swans top 4 shaky, but if Pies win then next week becomes a "live" contest with Pies still a chance to make finals. Hmmmm....
Might be worth seeing Eddies purple cranium if Colonwood just get pipped into ninth spot to finish the home n away season, just to let them all believe for that couple of weeks longer.

feisty tige said:
The Pies usually match up pretty well against the Swans, but I do hope the Swans win, purely because I don't want to see Collingwood win... a rock and a hard place...

Draw?
]

Nil all, of course

TigerMasochist said:
Might be worth seeing Eddies purple cranium if Colonwood just get pipped into ninth spot to finish the home n away season, just to let them all believe for that couple of weeks longer.
Ninthwood does have a nice ring to it.

Hard one for me. Maybe they'll both be penalised all points for bringing the game into disrepute. Think I'd almost prefer Collingwood to win...then get flogged for the remainder of the season.

rosy23 said:
Hard one for me. Maybe they'll both be penalised all points for bringing the game into disrepute. Think I'd almost prefer Collingwood to win...then get flogged for the remainder of the season.

Will the Booooodes saga be revived tonight especially with those feral Pies fans?

My theory is if collingwood win then top 4 slim hope again for us and Eddie excited as pies alive.
We belt GC to boost our percentage and pass Sydney and Nth.
then next week we beat Collingwood to stop their finals run.

Sounds too good!

What will happen Pies win and we struggle tomorrow with an escape and win or loss then pies will beat us next week..

Then season over....

Come on tigers..

B2