Round 16: the Spotlight catalogue games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 16: the Spotlight catalogue games.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
That’s gotta be Australia’s most boring store isn’t ? Diick Smith ? H&R Block ? Godfrey's ? Think they've gone bust. Probably because they were too boring. Like this thread. Zzzzzzzz.

13 teams are either in the 8 or just one game out of it. And all of them stink. “Are we there yet?”

Blandbane v Dudbourne. Great.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I always found stores like Harvey Norman and Clive Peters extremely boring, for whatever reason. Even with their range of gadgets, they somehow managed to make it all look so boring.

Must have been all the old people through the joint.

Then you had the salesmen in the ties - you're selling a computer FFS, not a car. In the distance you'd hear some raspy, tight old biddy ask 'Will ya throw in a mouse?'

Clive Peters went bust long ago, but how Harvey Norman survives, I'll never know.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s gotta be Australia’s most boring store isn’t ? Diick Smith ? H&R Block ? Godfrey's ? Think they've gone bust. Probably because they were too boring. Like this thread. Zzzzzzzz.

13 teams are either in the 8 or just one game out of it. And all of them stink. “Are we there yet?”

Blandbane v Dudbourne. Great.
Harvey Norman in the papers/mail would be more the case for the thread title Drof. Too many around. Takes up 50% of The Age.

I had to buy some venetian blinds for my Mum at Spotlight a few years ago. Lazy service I must admit....

Harvey Norman in the papers/mail would be more the case for the thread title Drof. Too many around. Takes up 50% of The Age.

I had to buy some venetian blinds for my Mum at Spotlight a few years ago. Lazy service I must admit....
No. Harvey Norman has big tv's and big sound systems. Spotlight only appeals to people like spoof because its full of habadashery.

• Haha
I always found stores like Harvey Norman and Clive Peters extremely boring, for whatever reason. Even with their range of gadgets, they somehow managed to make it all look so boring.

Must have been all the old people through the joint.

Then you had the salesmen in the ties - you're selling a computer FFS, not a car. In the distance you'd hear some raspy, tight old biddy ask 'Will ya throw in a mouse?'

Clive Peters went bust long ago, but how Harvey Norman survives, I'll never know.
Harvey Norman bought Clive Peeters, they own them. Just like the Tigers will own the bloos on Sunday :cool:

note- I am referring to the vfl game

Reactions: 1 users
They went bust years ago. My Dad used to work as one of their sales reps back in the early 70’s.
Travelling from home to home picking up the fortnightly or monthly store credit payments n taking orders for stuff the customers needed that would be delivered on the next payment pick up day, or just in store sales rep??

No. Harvey Norman has big tv's and big sound systems. Spotlight only appeals to people like spoof because its full of habadashery.

Think I prefer Spotlight. Hardly Normal may have big TVs but sound systems? Not exactly hifi. I actually went to a Hardly Normal earlier this year and bought something, first time ever, they had the best price which is unusual.

In any case, all those shops would be more interesting than having to listen to John Denver at the Gabba.

My main interest this week in the other games is hoping Essendon smash Geelong, that would be nice. Even nicer when they encore by dropping out of the finals in straight sets (or straight set if they can't make top 4).

DS

Reactions: 1 users
I like this round.

The Dees used to have the best two players in the game. Now Petracca is maimed and nobody is sure what happened to Oliver, but it was disastrous. It might be time for a ruckman (that bloke you all love) to show that he can influence a game without them and for Viney to take over as #1.

And Simon Badloss might like to have an idea. That'd be a novelty. He hasn't had one since brakelights in witch's hats.

We do know he likes a punt. The Dees be over $5 tonight. In the olden days the players would have a bet (coz they made no money otherwise) and they'd make *smile* sure they had a collect. The Baners were $5 for the spoon a month ago.

BTW if a coach watched Richmond and then GCS games he'd learn how to mitigate the other side's scoring. How hard is it for Badloss to mitigate Brisbane's scoring? Force them wide. Slow their use. Clog the guts.

"The Bears are a birthday side." (Gypsy back in the day.) They play on emotion, party tricks and crowd response. Crucial to their fast I50 is CB clearance. Why can't the Melbourne ruck stop the ball going Brisbane's way? That's a simple idea, isn't it? If the ball doesn't go their way they can't dice roll for Birthday Ball.

"Birthday Ball" aint a compliment. Party trick lair bull *smile*.

If this Badloss battler can sweat this game tonight goes to the wire. They bet $5.75 about Melbourne. That is degrading.

Nineteenthmond is the worst side. Then either StKilda at full strength or Norfs because too young.

Port Adelaide was off last week. Either because training issue or the players hate Poor Ken or Blind Carr. I think it's about training.

They should do StKilda easily. If not, goodbye Carr. Then the Ports should recruit a bloke who is smart enough to knife Poor Ken.