Round 10 Game Day Thread V PORT | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 10 Game Day Thread V PORT

skybeau said:
Strange decision, Salter for Brogan (ABC Radio said there's no change to the Port side though).

Would've though they'd bring in Meyer, given the conditions, tall forwards aren't going to have a huge impact on the game.

Maybe they think they can stretch our small backline. McGuane (192cm), Moore (190cm) v Westhoff (198 cm), Salter (191cm), Stewart (199cm). 2 tall backs vs 3 tall forwards. I'm guessing Trengove will play perma-ruck all day. Strange decision to drop Thursfield in any case as he can play small and tall.

What's a Salter ?

So that's no Tredrea, no Motlop and no Brogan ? We'll almost need Wallace-style spin if we lose today, tho Jacko n Foley would have been figuratively massive there today by the sounds of it

Shame we didn't have an extra running type on the emergencies list

Salter is very good if played forward. Don't take him lightly. He's one of the ones I'd be gunning for in trade week.

Barnzy said:
Maybe they think they can stretch our small backline. McGuane (192cm), Moore (190cm) v Westhoff (198 cm), Salter (191cm), Stewart (199cm). 2 tall backs vs 3 tall forwards. I'm guessing Trengove will play perma-ruck all day. Strange decision to drop Thursfield in any case as he can play small and tall.

AAMI Stadium is a lake this afternoon. Attempting to stretch us in the backline, given the quality of ball coming in and the slippery conditions, seems a strange tactical decision.

The Thursfield omission is strange though, I do agree.

Danog said:
Salter is very good if played forward. Don't take him lightly. He's one of the ones I'd be gunning for in trade week.

That may well be so, but it still doesn't tell me if he's a tall, a marking forward, a midget or whatever

Herr_Tiger said:
That may well be so, but it still doesn't tell me if he's a tall, a marking forward, a midget or whatever

He's a tall marking forward. :p

Leading the SANFL goalkicking this year.

Not sure how Griffo's going to cope with this rain today.

Could be a slooooooooow game.

Seems the GWS recruiting dud is still a bit cranky with the Tiges for pinching Brodders, Gale and Dundas from the Roys back in the 90's!!

Barkdog said:
Seems the GWS recruiting dud is still a bit cranky with the Tiges for pinching Brodders, Gale and Dundas from the Roys back in the 90's!!

Didn't he like Hoggy? ;D

Judge Smailes said:
... I'm apprehensive but I will be yelling loud to keep warm! Wish me luck....

I wish you luck Whitey, hope you save some voice for the song at the end of game, think its seasons debut is nigh.

Campbell on ABC Radio:

midfield coach on match day - most work done during week, warm up with players, watch game unfold, give insights, not much that can be done.
hardwick - very inclusive, open minded, knows what he wants, willing to listen.
inside knowledge - have opposition analyst, know about them, got some strategic points from ex-port guys, but do this for every team.
progress - have progressed, worst performance only 5 goal loss, improving, better defensively, ball movement more evident, still long way to go though.
griffiths - tall marking forward, very exciting, kicks long way, marks well, not expecting much, just giving him exposure, just wants a contest and put pressure on.
not expecting much today after port heading back from darwin, not a huge point during the week.
one ruckman - thinks thats the way the game is going, bench looks better with 4 runners, may still play 2 rucks when needed, polak will pinch hit today.
chris newman stands up under pressure, as does cotchin (emerging leader).

skybeau said:
Campbell on ABC Radio:

midfield coach on match day - most work done during week, warm up with players, watch game unfold, give insights, not much that can be done.
hardwick - very inclusive, open minded, knows what he wants, willing to listen.
inside knowledge - have opposition analyst, know about them, got some strategic points from ex-port guys, but do this for every team.
progress - have progressed, worst performance only 5 goal loss, improving, better defensively, ball movement more evident, still long way to go though.
griffiths - tall marking forward, very exciting, kicks long way, marks well, not expecting much, just giving him exposure, just wants a contest and put pressure on.
not expecting much today after port heading back from darwin, not a huge point during the week.
one ruckman - thinks thats the way the game is going, bench looks better with 4 runners, may still play 2 rucks when needed, polak will pinch hit today.
chris newman stands up under pressure, as does cotchin (emerging leader).

thanks SB