Rotations will be more about who you name | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rotations will be more about who you name

Luke Beveridge is the bloke who's getting this right. He's the one to watch, I reckon.

And even Dimma tried a bit of resting there on Chimp for a week. Zoinks!

Resting players during the year is the way to go. Partly planned and partly in response to testing. The game is changing.

One of the things we should be doing is recruiting a few more mature state leaguers. We want to keep Thomas. We need to replace Petterd and a couple of the other mature reserves. Dea will probably walk. We need a new one.

The last thing in the world we need is ten new teenagers. We need depth for when we're ready to rest players strategically during the season.

Luke Beveridge is trying a really novel approach Jack. He promotes players from the twos who are in form (even kids sometimes!) and drops blokes who are out of form (or are geriatrics).

Kinda like what we did in the first half of the year (minus dropping Morris) before we hit our straps and decided continuity was more important than rest (or form).

Dyer'ere said:
Ross Lyon rested ten in round 23.

Maybe next year we should rest a few.

would have been a good idea

H tiger said:
Luke Beveridge is trying a really novel approach Jack. He promotes players from the twos who are in form (even kids sometimes!) and drops blokes who are out of form (or are geriatrics).

Kinda like what we did in the first half of the year (minus dropping Morris) before we hit our straps and decided continuity was more important than rest (or form).

just so crazy it might work, well done doggies

Dyer'ere said:
Luke Beveridge is the bloke who's getting this right. He's the one to watch, I reckon.

And even Dimma tried a bit of resting there on Chimp for a week. Zoinks!

Resting players during the year is the way to go. Partly planned and partly in response to testing. The game is changing.

One of the things we should be doing is recruiting a few more mature state leaguers. We want to keep Thomas. We need to replace Petterd and a couple of the other mature reserves. Dea will probably walk. We need a new one.

The last thing in the world we need is ten new teenagers. We need depth for when we're ready to rest players strategically during the season.

Plenty of our guys have been resting on the field for weeks now. The last four games haven’t exactly been high-octane affairs. Miles, Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt have all had games in which they have played support roles whilst others such as Lambert, Vickery and Lennon stepped into the driver’s seat for long periods of the game.

But I agree, the last thing we need is too many kiddies in any year. I am a big fan of recruiting types like Miles, Lambert, Thomas, Petterd and Hunt. They are big-bodied, have plenty of experience, even if it is only at State League level ,and will give us decent form straight away.

How good has Lambert been? He is physically capable, mentally mature and hungrier than most. Why should his place go to a pimply 18 year old who needs to stack on ten kilos and doesn’t even know how to manage his bank account yet, let alone his body.

Draft the guns like Corey Ellis. Leave the Not-Quite-Rghts in the State Leagues until they are ready. They can learn to kick there.

Agree TOTS. Anyone who has been watching has seen that many of our mids have been given softer roles for particular weeks - and we've gone easy for most of the last four games. Dimma and the crew are all over this one, and the soft draw in the last month helped us. Hell, even Brad Scott helped us last week. He missed the boat as North were playing catch up and losing games.

Thanks Brad!