Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

Listened to Dimma's post match presser and though he was being very diplomatic of Tarrant's performance, gave some praise but subtly admitted he has a way to go to meet the Tigers game needs. Personally I have been unimpressed by all his outings in the Yellow and Black and just hope he improves fast.
Agreed. He gives away so many dumb free kicks.

Needs to take the marks he gets his hands to. He could have taken 4 marks on Thursday night that he didn’t. Ball spills to the ground and Carlton swarming. DTL Dave would have taken them. We then get a chance to clear the ball.

Needs to take the marks he gets his hands to. He could have taken 4 marks on Thursday night that he didn’t. Ball spills to the ground and Carlton swarming. DTL Dave would have taken them. We then get a chance to clear the ball.
Yes needs to be better, but will give him a chance. After 2-3 weeks, I’d expect much better than Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user
I must have been watching a different game. Not sure why people expect from him.

Reactions: 2 users
I must have been watching a different game. Not sure why people expect from him.

I agree SA. I thought he was pretty good, can he be better, probably but he was hardly an issue from the game on Thursday. I thought he did the job that was expected of him. 1 of a few that could be given that accolade.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone of us is likely to see different parts of the game and what a particular player does or does not. This why we can have these discussions and swop thoughts whether we agree with others or not. For me it is part of supporting my club and having interaction with others when I can't get to a game. Long may it continue

And was that from one of the dodgy free kicks that he got?
No not that one , easy mark from 50 out ,,,Tarrant contested and spoilt really well , sure he lacked intercept , I’ll back others to do that , broad , Vlas grimes , just keep the FF quiet and he’s done his job, McKay is a bloody good player just quietly

Everyone of us is likely to see different parts of the game and what a particular player does or does not. This why we can have these discussions and swop thoughts whether we agree with others or not. For me it is part of supporting my club and having interaction with others when I can't get to a game. Long may it continue
Absolutely but we need to take into account what each players main role is. Tarrant is to play on the gorilla forwards and stop them. He did that on Thursday night by keeping Mackay to 1 goal.

Reactions: 4 users
I thought he was good. New Club New Game Plan.

Our Back 6 saved us from total annihilation.

Reactions: 7 users
He was an intercept mark at North wasnt he?
Capable on big forwards but elite at zoning and intercepts.
Maybe it's adjusting to Tigerland, maybe slowing due to age.
We can and should expect more than a lockdown defender

No not that one , easy mark from 50 out ,,,Tarrant contested and spoilt really well , sure he lacked intercept , I’ll back others to do that , broad , Vlas grimes , just keep the FF quiet and he’s done his job, McKay is a bloody good player just quietly

The goal was the 1 bit of play where Tarrant lost his man. McKay led really well in that passage and on TV it looked like Grimes was on him, but he was on Tarrant and did it really well.

Looked ok, starting to get a feel for our structure…

Reactions: 2 users
This bloke is a gun. Stopping everything in a makeshift backline full of kids and spare parts.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users