R6 V Kanga's in Tassie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R6 V Kanga's in Tassie

It was a good effort in the conditions against an experienced outfit who were allowed to have 3 extra ‘players’ on the ground.

Reactions: 1 users
Beaten by a harder fitter side

All frees were there we panicked and coughed up some momentum killing frees

However should been a few more our way jumpers held heads taken off and play on

Reactions: 1 users
Would have been a good game in reasonable conditions. Hard to read that result due to the weather and the pathetic umpiring cohort. Needed Katie Brennan.

Garner for Norf received (I reckon) 5 free kicks, 3 of which were the softest of contact. In perspective a number of tigers were hit high and rarely got a free. Really poorly umpired. Very frustrating to watch.

Shevlin would have been handy as well, another bigger body around the contest.

Yeah I think losing Hosking and Chevlin along with Brennan could have been the difference. Stella Reid still not tough enough, skirts around the contests. Ryan goes in hard enough, but she doesn't impact enough contests currently. Not sure why Wickstead hasn't been given a crack this year. Jones another one that could have impacted a bit more than the likes of Reid today. 1 touch in nearly half the game (I think she may have got injured), just isn't good enough, especially for someone that cost us so much in the draft.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I think losing Hosking and Chevlin along with Brennan could have been the difference. Stella Reid still not tough enough, skirts around the contests. Ryan goes in hard enough, but she doesn't impact enough contests currently. Not sure why Wickstead hasn't been given a crack this year. Jones another one that could have impacted a bit more than the likes of Reid today. 1 touch in nearly half the game (I think she may have got injured), just isn't good enough, especially for someone that cost us so much in the draft.
I knew Brennan & Shevlin were out, I did miss Hosko on the field, was she a late out? Missed her hardness.
Lavey is not clean by hand, fumbles a lot, surprising given her basketball background, I have heard a whisper that basketballers, can make decent AFL players.
Conti so clean, one grab most of the time, even in the monsoon today.

I knew Brennan & Shevlin were out, I did miss Hosko on the field, was she a late out? Missed her hardness.
Lavey is not clean by hand, fumbles a lot, surprising given her basketball background, I have heard a whisper that basketballers, can make decent AFL players.
Conti so clean, one grab most of the time, even in the monsoon today.

Yep basketballers like Conti can play footy ;) Not sure I've heard anyone else good in footy has a basketball background ;)

Yeah I think Hosko was a late out, she's been struggling with injury for most of the year, 3 games in such a short period was always going to be tough for her.

What a disgrace when 90% of the comments on here are mentioning those maggots that destroy us week in week out.
It's hard not to get tooo angry.
Club has sat on its way to long.
Unleash, make a stand.

Garner for Norf received (I reckon) 5 free kicks, 3 of which were the softest of contact. In perspective a number of tigers were hit high and rarely got a free. Really poorly umpired. Very frustrating to watch.

Sorry, incorrect . . . Garner got 6 frees :bash

DS

Reid is timid Posh. Compares to a number of the Sheehan picks in our first year. With the outs we had for the game she was not the player to pick.
Fortunately, we have seen some real grunt by the women so far this season and it has made a difference.