R4 AFLW - Richmond v Cartoon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R4 AFLW - Richmond v Cartoon

That was a scrappy game. Lots of packs, lots of dropped marks. But I had a look over the fence and asked a security guard: the ground was very wet and looked like the ball was slippery.

A few aspects I liked about our game:

Players were making space and ready to receive away from the packs. There were a number of times where Richmond players had an outlet in space. The handballs could have been better but a players on both teams were generally under the hammer all night.

Carlton players were also making space but we were very good at running them down and impacting on their disposal. They would rarely get a chain of possessions in space which gave us the opportunity to stop them at half back or full back.

Our players were willing to run through packs to gain possession and try and get the ball out.

All in all a good performance, especially keeping Carlton to zero goals :rotfl2

At the end of the game there were a lot of supporters around where the players leave the ground. For some warped reason Razor Ray seemed to think they were there for him. Apart from throwing abuse at him I can't see any reason why he would think that.

Decent crowd given Thursday night and it was not quite cold, but it certainly was wet. The AFL site claims about 1,800, I thought it looked like more but hard to tell at a ground not really designed for crowds any more. Half the ground is training facilities not crowd areas. Unfortunately most of the crowd was on the South side and the game was predominantly played on the North side of the ground.

Looking forward to Port next week, although definitely not looking forward to Princes Park, took me about an hour to get back to Flinders St. We need to get lights at Punt Rd as part of the redevelopment.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
That was a scrappy game. Lots of packs, lots of dropped marks. But I had a look over the fence and asked a security guard: the ground was very wet and looked like the ball was slippery.

A few aspects I liked about our game:

Players were making space and ready to receive away from the packs. There were a number of times where Richmond players had an outlet in space. The handballs could have been better but a players on both teams were generally under the hammer all night.

Carlton players were also making space but we were very good at running them down and impacting on their disposal. They would rarely get a chain of possessions in space which gave us the opportunity to stop them at half back or full back.

Our players were willing to run through packs to gain possession and try and get the ball out.

All in all a good performance, especially keeping Carlton to zero goals :rotfl2

At the end of the game there were a lot of supporters around where the players leave the ground. For some warped reason Razor Ray seemed to think they were there for him. Apart from throwing abuse at him I can't see any reason why he would think that.

Decent crowd given Thursday night and it was not quite cold, but it certainly was wet. The AFL site claims about 1,800, I thought it looked like more but hard to tell at a ground not really designed for crowds any more. Half the ground is training facilities not crowd areas. Unfortunately most of the crowd was on the South side and the game was predominantly played on the North side of the ground.

Looking forward to Port next week, although definitely not looking forward to Princes Park, took me about an hour to get back to Flinders St. We need to get lights at Punt Rd as part of the redevelopment.

DS
Hope Ellie Mackenzie doesn’t cop a suspension. I haven’t got a clue what they will do to be honest. The Carlton player played out the game I think

Reactions: 1 users
Come on Force give her a decent pat on the back…! Where is Tommystigers he was quite critical of her after last week.
Anyway hope she keeps it up and keeps improving. Agree she is one of those player that you think - come on go harder, she could be anything with her size. Even tonight once she lay on the ground like she had been shot - then though oh i better get up - and ran on and kicked a goal
Here I am. Very good game from her and played like a key forward. That was what she was recruited for and what we need. She positioned her body well and ended up with solid contested marks and slotting goals. Her best game for us in a season and a half. Caitlin has shown she has the skill so I expect her to bring it every week.

Hope Ellie Mackenzie doesn’t cop a suspension. I haven’t got a clue what they will do to be honest. The Carlton player played out the game I think
It was weird Merv. Looked like the player hit her head on the turf in the tackle but no-one came out to check her and she played out the game? Under normal reasoning in a normal world it should be a slap on the wrist nothing to see here. In the AFL it could be a four week suspension due to some bizarre hybrid intent/potential harm quinella. Or they could go the cocaine slush fund route. Now that Marlion’s gone they need new sources to pay for the party mix.

Reactions: 1 user
I've watched 3 games
WC, Gws and Carlton
We have improved. We have a top notch hand ball game and Conti and I think her name is Mackenzie kick the ball better then half our blokes.
At least I'm hearing our song with the girls.

Saw McKenzie lace out another girl on her left last week and it was Cotchin like.

I reckon Ellie is as close to a Dusty / Harley Reid type that the womens game has. The poise, the power, the break away from stoppage and the don't argue. She's a gun (always has been), just now her body looks in a great place which she hasn't had over the last couple of years.

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon Ellie is as close to a Dusty / Harley Reid type that the womens game has. The poise, the power, the break away from stoppage and the don't argue. She's a gun (always has been), just now her body looks in a great place which she hasn't had over the last couple of years.
With her and Mon we now have 2 of the best, if the The best, players in the comp

Good win from the girls , loved the aggression of Luke , hopefully she can work with Kelly . Midfield starting to purrrrr Mon Con is just a freak and if you don’t tag her McKenzie will get you , Greg continues to do her role and now adding Sherrin to the mix it’s getting close to as good as any mid set up.

Big key I believe is the G Train , if she can continually make a contest and start to hurt some defenders wil go long way into December?

Playing good tough footy

Reactions: 2 users
Good win from the girls , loved the aggression of Luke , hopefully she can work with Kelly . Midfield starting to purrrrr Mon Con is just a freak and if you don’t tag her McKenzie will get you , Greg continues to do her role and now adding Sherrin to the mix it’s getting close to as good as any mid set up.

Big key I believe is the G Train , if she can continually make a contest and start to hurt some defenders wil go long way into December?

Playing good tough footy

I'm really enjoying the balance that the team has this year.

We have the 3 pillars at the back that allows us to set up so well defensively to control field position and get repeat inside 50's with Miller, Seymour and Graham.
The small defenders at their feet are super tough when the ball hits the ground with Hicks and Lynch.
The midfield continues to gain more depth, Mon Con, Mckenzie and Sheerin could be the best onball 3 in the league, add to that Greg, Dalloway (who I really liked too), and on the outside Shevlin, Dempsey and Lavey (though she hasn't hit her previous highs yet), but we have 2 terrific kicks inside 50 in those 2 in McKenzie and Dempsey who is possibly one of the best kicks and decision makers in the comp.
Then the forward line gaining more balance too, with Ford and Yassir as the smalls at the feet of Greiser, Brennan and McLlelland.

Its the balance of the team that I'm really liking.

Reactions: 3 users
Unfortunately I reckon Ellie will cop a week for that, text book pinned arms forcibly to ground with no protection. Non concussion yeah but head did hit the ground.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately I reckon Ellie will cop a week for that, text book pinned arms forcibly to ground with no protection. Non concussion yeah but head did hit the ground.
Probably the biggest flaw in her game, she tackles a little too aggressively at times.
She is by far the closest to a natural footballer in the woman's game.

It's official, Ellie suspended for 1 week

• Sad
It's official, Ellie suspended for 1 week

It may not be that bad though, with her injury history, she may have been expected to be rested in 1 of these condensed games (we play again on Tuesday then Sunday), probably better for her to miss the Port game and then be cherry ripe for North the week after.

Reactions: 2 users