Pyramid schemes/multi-level marketing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pyramid schemes/multi-level marketing

Speaking of cults ...

I was at the Melbourne Show yesterday and in the 'lifestyle' pavilion I think it was, there was a stall offering a 'FREE STRESS TEST' .

That would appeal to a lot of people, right? Of course it would. The booth was full of participants, young and old.

'Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health' ... 'Get rid of anxiety, depression, insecurities, irrational fears', the signs read.

Dianetics is an invention of the Church of Scientology through its founder, L. Ron Hubbard.

They were flogging a showbag which included 'One complimentary dianetics therapy session' along with the book and DVD.

Nowhere on this stand was Scientology even mentioned.

But the lowlife scumbags know exactly what they're doing, preying on people's vulnerabilities when it comes to mental health in an effort to recruit and convert.

How on earth is this even allowed?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Speaking of cults ...

I was at the Melbourne Show yesterday and in the 'lifestyle' pavilion I think it was, there was a stall offering a 'FREE STRESS TEST' .

That would appeal to a lot of people, right? Of course it would. The booth was full of participants, young and old.

'Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health' ... 'Get rid of anxiety, depression, insecurities, irrational fears', the signs read.

Dianetics is an invention of the Church of Scientology through its founder, L. Ron Hubbard.

They were flogging a showbag which included 'One complimentary dianetics therapy session' along with the book and DVD.

Nowhere on this stand was Scientology even mentioned.

But the lowlife scumbags know exactly what they're doing, preying on people's vulnerabilities when it comes to mental health in an effort to recruit and convert.

How on earth is this even allowed?
it's a religion right?
religions the ultimate cult - and government subsidised (to completely hijack the thread)
and no surprise that MLM dominates inside church / religious environment
the 'best' MLM leaders to my recall without doubt were all hugely religious
faith/belief/belonging to a group/shame - all massive selling points

Reactions: 1 users