Promising Signs ??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Promising Signs ???

Some really positive signs I feel.Chol and Markov have natural footy smarts.Thats obvious after just one game for everyone to see.Marcon looked alright.Broad could surprise with more games than we expected.Soldo tried hard but is still raw in learning where to go but will develop further one feels with more game time.Mcintosh looks set for a really good season.So does Conca IF he stays fit and I thought he was our best yesty.Corey Ellis looks like the silk we've been missing coming out of the midfield.Dont worry about this bloke - he's very good!

Vickery and Griffiths going off for a marshmallow didn't help proceedings but to Soldo and the other boys credit they had a dip but we were never going to win that one.I got the positives out of what I was hoping to see with the younger boys.

Well done fellas!

Harry said:
we can't afford another slow start to the season like the past few seasons as it will cost us a top 4 spot - again. we need to go full strength in our next 2 nab games and go full throttle. we can't afford cheap losses to the bulldogs and melbourne early in the season.

Damn right!

Was pretty windy, we had a young team that would perceive a lot pressure whether it was there or not and that is to be expected for a first proper hit out. Conversely, freo had near enough to their best team. Reckon they were feeling any pressure? I reckon there were enough glimpses of talent to come away with a positive or twenty.

se7en said:
I'm not a knee jerk reaction sort of guy.
But agree, come Monday Dimma should be sacked

And what about McBean?
Not one touch!
I know he didn't play but still no excuse, gone!

If we had Ross lyon or ken hinkley they would have coached that side to a win! :rofl

Put nahasty or matt white in that side we win! :rofl

Typical richmond. No wonder we can't attract a big fish! :rofl

ninjahaha said:
If we had Ross lyon or ken hinkley they would have coached that side to a win! :rofl

Put nahasty or matt white in that side we win! :rofl

Typical richmond. No wonder we can't attract a big fish! :rofl

Oh Ninja; you are good value
I realise you are taking the mouse
Apart from aspects such as Conca and Chol etc

Who really gives a sandpit about last night.

Conca is a real chance to breakout this year I believe.

Hes My Hero said:
Oh Ninja; you are good value
I realise you are taking the mouse
Apart from aspects such as Conca and Chol etc

Who really gives a sandpit about last night.

Conca is a real chance to breakout this year I believe.

Still have hopes a fit conca becomes at the very least best 22.

Hard not to get excited about chol!

Great to at least have footy back. But after the wetting of the lips, I'm chomping at the bit!

ninjahaha said:
Still have hopes a fit conca becomes at the very least best 22.

Hard not to get excited about chol!

Great to at least have footy back. But after the wetting of the lips, I'm chomping at the bit!

I agree.
Come Round 1, it will be on like Donkey Kong !!!

mexican_radio said:
I hope we show more in the following weeks. Carlton kicked a higher score than us. Meanwhile that stupid kangaroo team piled on 18 goals.

Did you expect us to kick a competitive score with the most youngest and inexperienced team so far against an almost full strength team in blustery and hot conditions?

SkillzThatKillz said:
Did you expect us to kick a competitive score with the most youngest and inexperienced team so far against an almost full strength team in blustery and hot conditions?
I guess not. I understand the mitigating circumstances. I'm just don't like seeing us get belted.

Yes.

Promising signs all over the park.

Short, Castagna, Conca, Marcon, McIntosh, Ellis, Chol to name a few.

We had 10-13 senior players out & some of the ones who played either went off injured or didn't seem to get much game time. Was good to see Conca get a bit of it, he is never going to be the gun we all hoped for, but he can add some depth behind Cotchin,Martin,Miles ,Ellis etc.We have Jack, TY . Griffiths McBean , please do not use Chaplin up fwd unless it's a last roll of the dice in a certain match situation