Possible back to back foursome | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Possible back to back foursome

Thanks. All food for thought. I can't help but feel we analyse it too much and look for excuses. If our players had actually performed properly we may well have gone a lot further and all this discussion about advantages would be moot. We were up there with a chance but the team failed on the big stage.

won't happen. Race was wide open this year and they took the opportunity like a rat up a drainpipe with experience and hardness. They weren't that far ahead, WC shat themselves on GF day. This isn't sour grapes, every flag has a dose of taking opportunities and a bit of luck. They knew that and grabbed it with both hands. Next year they'll be older and slower enough to drop off to bottom half of the 8.

Could be wrong of course.

poppa x said:
IMO it's unlikely.
Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne all a year older and much closer to the finish of their careers.
I think they'll be top 4 but that's about it.

Bit lik this year?
They remind me of Brisbane at their peak
When it's final time they switch on

No one will beat them on the G when it counts.
Flags aren't won at Subi, ScG, Adelaide oval.
They mentally destroy sides. They destroyed West Coast in 11 minutes

A fair bit of 'woe is us' on this thread. IMO it is up to the rest of the competition to get better and surpass Hawthorn.

They looked rooted several times this year and still found a way.

Have too many players who turn it on when it matters to discount them.

Some of their supporters are fat and happy. One at work today told me she couldn't wait until she could watch a grand final without all the stress and nerves and just enjoy it.

Hopefully it can rub off on their playing group but I doubt it.

RoarMeter said:
Some of their supporters are fat and happy. One at work today told me she couldn't wait until she could watch a grand final without all the stress and nerves and just enjoy it.

Hopefully it can rub off on their playing group but I doubt it.

Geez, I feel so sorry for her.

funky said:
Hurtung litherland anderson langford
To come in those 4 aint duds, i definitely
Think they've got one more flag in them.
And they've just told Lake and Hale: "We took you for a premiership quest; you've won 3. Thanks, see you later!" Freeing up cap-space for their next FA coup. I just wonder who they're after. It will probably be another big name, a shock that no-one has expected because they go about it so sneakily and have heaps of money 'behind' the club to tempt with. But the very real chance of SUCCESS is huge bait.
Regarding the talent above, one of their key strategies is to have a strong VFL team, along with a Development Team too to keep funnelling the soldiers through, who've been trained up and taught their game-style principles. In these ways they have got around only getting late draft picks - which they select very carefully with to still unearth players who can make it, or play a role, like Duryea or Hartung.
I'm sure they'll be a real flag threat again, but are beatable .. by the right team on the right day. It could be a strengthened, maturing RFC; we have got to get there though!!!

Brisbane 2001-2003 >>>>>>>>>>>> hawthorn 2013-2015 (notwithstanding the salary cap concessions the lions had).

houdini said:
dorks are a better chance at 4 in a row than we are at winning a game in the finals next year
The optimist!!
No-one dominates forever in AFL. There are rises, dominions, then falls. I'm tipping their great good fortune will run out next year, although I have already said they'll be a serious threat again.
They've been gifted last two GFs by opponents that could not turn up on the big day, yet could beat them well in H & A.
Probably a big Melbourne club has the best chance, not to be over-awed and having lots of local crowd support.