Position Vacant: Power Forward | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Position Vacant: Power Forward

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Griffiths? Injured.

Vickery? Unconvincing.

Hampson? Maybe.

McBean? Why the *smile* not?

Carter said:
Griffiths? Injured.

Vickery? Unconvincing.

Hampson? Maybe.

McBean? Why the *smile* not?

You are kidding are'nt you Michael????

Vickery was fantastic and presented and presented.

McBean is the future.

Griffiths will be a very good player in time.

Hampson has shown he has the ticker now to take it up to any ruck combo.

We need another key mid and a crumber, I think with Astbury, McBean, Elton etc our KPP's are looking good.

tigerjoe said:
You are kidding are'nt you Michael????

Vickery was fantastic and presented and presented.

McBean is the future.

Griffiths will be a very good player in time.

Hampson has shown he has the ticker now to take it up to any ruck combo.

We need another key mid and a crumber, I think with Astbury, McBean, Elton etc our KPP's are looking good.

Sorry Joey but Tyrone may have presented but he lost. Again and again.

Just doesn't ground the air ball well enough.

maybe I am in the minority but I liked Vickery's game tonight - didn't dominate but the Hawks have an amazing defence.

But I agree, nice to get more goals - but scoring goals is only a problem when the opposition have more goals on the board.

Ty was very ordinary. Was hoping for a much better performance. What infuriates me the most about him is his refusal to attack the ball at full pace, its just far too easy for his opponent to beat him on the lead. Or he is just really slow.

Rancey18 said:
Ty was very ordinary. Was hoping for a much better performance. What infuriates me the most about him is his refusal to attack the ball at full pace, its just far too easy for his opponent to beat him on the lead. Or he is just really slow.

I agree. The one that really got me shouting at the TV was a couple of minutes into the 2nd half, I think Vickery competed for a ball it came down, Vickery managed to pick it off the ground, stood up and had the ball wrestled from him by frigging Bradley Hill. Hardly a man mountain and someone Vickery should have easily have had the strength to shake off, just didn't attack the ball with any conviction.

He appeared to be out of position, always around the back and not really trying to just go for those big pack marks like Maric was.

you for real? Jack with Griff, TV and hopefully bean as backup. Most side would kill for that crew.

Rancey18 said:
This!!!
Frustrates the hell out of me.
Gets to the right space but doesn't jump at the ball or want to attack it

Posters have lttle vision. Vickers like dima and many players on our list has been showing the signs and is on the path to being what we all wish we had.

Stick with Vickery. Last night was an extremely hard game to be a power forward.

Bean isn't a power forward and never will be. He's more like a rookie Gunston type FP.

Forget about Astbury and Elton

Hopefully McKenzie down the track

Players are looking for opportunity, we can't play them all. With lots of clubs looking for tall forwards, the club is actually in a great position heading into this trading period if we want to trade a player or 2 for draft picks to then forward on. The key is working out which ones are dispensable.