Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

lamb22 said:
It appears most phantom drafts do not have Balta going before 25 and us taking Hayes at 25.

Does anyone know why we would go Hayes before Balta when the game is changing so quickly against unathletic talls?

Maybe wait a few hours and see if it actually happens. Most people mock Hayes to us because they know the list lacks talls but not much else.

Leysy Days said:
Any chance Naughton gets to us - he's the one for leysy.

Obviously Stephenson if fit and Brander no qualms with.

Actually don't mind Ballard - could have a very big ceiling once he gets used to his extra height.

The one leysy is really keen on though is Jack Petrucelle - love to get him with one of our picks.

Can see him being a gun half back.

Great call re: Naughton but I cant see him slipping to us.

He has played senior footy for Peel Thunder which is always a great sign for a kid in his draft year.

Smoking Aces said:
Great call re: Naughton but I cant see him slipping to us.

He has played senior footy for Peel Thunder which is always a great sign for a kid in his draft year.

Yeah I got him mixed up with Oscar before but Oscar played with West Perth.
Hopefully West Coast Eagles think they’re too good to pass up

Blind Turn said:
It is quite obvious that the experts have no idea where things are going after around pick 6. Five different experts have us taking 5 different players at 17. They all seem to agree on Brander at 20 and it seems majority are on Hayes at 25. Seems like they are all hopelessly guessing and have limited intel. They're no better than us!!
Being such an open Draft i'd reckon it's because we'll get a slider at 17, who that is we'll find out when it's called. plenty of options.

I cannot see us taking Hayes. He’s everything we don’t want.

Between Nank, Hampson, Griffiths and Soldo you really don’t need another ruck. You take Balta to play key portion and offer that relief ruck.

SCOOP said:
I cannot see us taking Hayes. He’s everything we don’t want.

Between Nank, Hampson, Griffiths and Soldo you really don’t need another ruck. You take Balta to play key portion and offer that relief ruck.
We don't need him now, but what about 4-5 years from now?

Giardiasis said:
We don't need him now, but what about 5 years from now?

Use a pick 25 now on a bloke who can’t run or trade a third round pick for another Nank in five years?

Honestly i reckon we take Brander at 17 unless there is a slider we can't say no to. be stupid to risk it.

If i was the Poms i'd have the the quicks on from both ends to Marsh.

Oops wrong thread.

Jordon Butts has had 6 clubs talk to him with the swans spoke to him 3 times. At 198cm might be worth a look at last pick.

SCOOP said:
Use a pick 25 now on a bloke who can’t run or trade a third round pick for another Nank in five years?
What if he turns out to be the next Rory Lobb? Point is if the club rates him high enough then I get using 25 on him. You probably know more about him then me, I've seen like 2 videos and saw an unco piece of play live at the PRE in the grand final prematch game.

Love the way these rumors start. They get a life of their own. Before the end of the night there will be photo shopped pictures (Balta) killing Bambi

Should have lots of answers in just a couple of hours... whoo hooo *jumps up and down with excitement*

SCOOP said:
Draft best available and trade for needs.

It's as simple as that.

Bonar, Brander, Balta, Naish and Krueger how would that be as a haul??

Plus young Smith in the Rookie Draft.

Yes i know im dreaming.