Overhaul 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Overhaul 2016

zippadeee said:
We cannot possibly enter next season with the same blokes that have let us down 3 years in a row.
Massive changes
Move them out. Chaplin (Sydney) Astbury (Brisbane) Griffo (Melbourne) Conca (East Fremantle) Morris (Sturt) Gordon (Peru)

Newman, foley, petard, donut, biscuits, Knights, all ready gone. It's time for a massive overhaul.

In..priority Bennell.
In. Carlisle
In. Redden
In. Sidebottom
In. 3 kids from the draft
Such a list manager Zips, twelve off the list n seven brought in. Got a feeling you're gunna come up short.

TigerMasochist said:
Such a list manager Zips, twelve off the list n seven brought in. Got a feeling you're gunna come up short.

We get Bennell, Sidebottom and Harlett we go play with half side :hihi

Bullarto Tiger said:
Would love to see RFC be bold during the trade period.
Happy to chase Bennell as I reckon the Club could get him back on track.
The elimination final proved once and for all that there are still major deficiencies in the list if the Tigers are to be contenders. Hopefully swinging a couple of deals with some decent players will be a start to resolving some of the gaps in the list.
If anyone can tame Bennell then Choco can. Look what he has done for Dusty?

I think we need some basic changes. Relieve Chimp of the Captaincy and let me find his 2012 form again. Give Captaincy to Chaplin, easily our most stable and experienced player.

Baloo said:
Give Captaincy to Chaplin, easily our most stable and experienced player.

Funny how back in the late 1970's-early 1980's we had a different captain every year and kept making finals.

Previous to Cotchin the other 4 captains all had 4 years in the role, 2016 will be Cotchin's 4 year.

Already Gone :

Newman, Petterd, Foley, Knights, Arnott, McDonough

Trade/Delist

Astbury, Morris, Elton

Get

Bennell, Johnson, Yarran, Adcock + Kids

Make JR8 Captain.

Mind you I would give everything for Danger. The 800K a year is peanuts. Offer him 1 Million/5 Years.

#tellhimhesdreaming

Here is my go

From Richmond to the Gold Coast 1st & second round picks
From Gold Coast to Richmond Bennell
From Gold Coast to port Adelaide Dixon
From Port Adelaide to Richmond Hartlett

We may need to add a player to sweeten the deal

Astbury to Brisbane and use that for Yarren

asian tetley said:
Didn't the club make a pledge a while back not to trade away our first pick?

Not set in stone surely. This is the draft to be flexible about it - next year isn't. Watch Sydney mortgage their future even further by giving up next year's 1st rounder.

Letsroar said:
Here is my go

From Richmond to the Gold Coast 1st & second round picks
From Gold Coast to Richmond Bennell
From Gold Coast to port Adelaide Dixon
From Port Adelaide to Richmond Hartlett

We may need to add a player to sweeten the deal

Astbury to Brisbane and use that for Yarren

I read it. And again. It would have to be tightened but It's do-able.
It would help if clubs could sell $$$s to shut the whiners up. Even if it is salary cap room.

Say richmond has to give up a little more, which we don't have: so we give a club 10k of salary cap. That increases theirs 10k and reduces ours $10k

MackTiger said:
Already Gone :

Newman, Petterd, Foley, Knights, Arnott, McDonough

Trade/Delist

Astbury, Morris, Elton

Get

Bennell, Johnson, Yarran, Adcock + Kids

Make JR8 Captain.

Mind you I would give everything for Danger. The 800K a year is peanuts. Offer him 1 Million/5 Years.

#tellhimhesdreaming
Solid back up if Rance or Chaplin get injured...

If only PRE ran the recruitment for the club maybe we could be world beaters or even the world's flogs. I am just hoping that some of those names bandied about want to become Tigers and our recruitment can get the players we need. In a few weeks we will find out.

UKTiger said:
If only PRE ran the recruitment for the club maybe we could be world beaters or even the world's flogs. I am just hoping that some of those names bandied about want to become Tigers and our recruitment can get the players we need. In a few weeks we will find out.

You and many others will then be very disappointed. I'm used to it. TeflonZip
Richardson is a tight ass. Offers them views of punt rd and the city. And the chance to play in front of big crowds.
But when it comes to dollars and years. No wonder no one turns up.
Since he walked through the doors, The blokes already there have filled their pockets Deledio, jack, etc
And now he is digging around offering players like Treloar and Armitage unders to play at this great club.
Shameful and ridiculous

Colin Sylvia is your man Zips. It was your second typed player after Grigg. After all the money you would have thrown at him we would have a salary cap like Carltank.

zippadeee said:
You and many others will then be very disappointed. I'm used to it. TeflonZip
Richardson is a tight ass. Offers them views of punt rd and the city. And the chance to play in front of big crowds.
But when it comes to dollars and years. No wonder no one turns up.
Since he walked through the doors, The blokes already there have filled their pockets Deledio, jack, etc
And now he is digging around offering players like Treloar and Armitage unders to play at this great club.
Shameful and ridiculous
What a load of bollocks. Filled their pockets, spare me.
All our current stars have signed reasonable contracts to stay at richmond on much less than they would get if they left.
Richardson has facilitated this. I would assume all contract offers to players we are looking to trade for would be reflective of how we rate them on a talent scale and then on the pay scale.
Nothing shameful or ridiculous about it, its sound management.