Our New Improved Midfield | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our New Improved Midfield

anyone who seen the intra club match last week would have seen the value of having kane at the club already.
by recruiting the likes of kane and justin clubs will now have to decide who to tag etc therefore freeing up the likes of cambo and bowden etc.
the one player who will benefit out of this is coughlan.no johnson would mean he would be targetted whereas now johnson can take the heat.
i cant understand people who continue to put down the club despite the obvious improvement in our achillies heal over the past 5yrs or so. our midfield.
i have mentioned it before johnson is captain material.

Too right J2R. Kane Johnson is a seriously good recruit, and cannot be compared to all the Brad Gwilliams, Steve O'Dwyers and Clay Sampsons. As for Sisyphus, the analogy doesn't quite work, because we are pushing the rock up the hill in order to win a premiership, so there is some promise of a heaven to come. Camus himself was an international goalkeeper, so he obviously didn't think sport was pointless, despite all those drab novels. Good thoughts though JF.

What I was infering that is has often been the the Richmond midfield that has had to rely on negating oposition midfields as opposed to winning their own ball and I think with the additions of the new boys and the development of the younger guys we will finally be in a position where we take the initiative out of the midfield.  We will also have the options to rotate some quality through the midfield which will make it a hell of a lot harder to shut down our midfield.

This is what annoys the heck out of me. If we think we're not going to win the game, why go negative? Wouldn't we be better off putting some faith into the players and if we get rolled, that's nothing new. If we're gonna lose, at least see what the players are capable of, rather than have our players in a negative frame of mind, from the outset, and have them chase the opposition for four quarters.

This negative stuff is gonna take us nowhere and shows no faith in the players. Finding out what the players are capable of should be the main priority, not worrying about the scoreboard.

And so he concluded, that though Sisyphus was punished by the gods and forced to push the boulder up the hill with no goal or meaning, still he must be considered happy. LOL, to me this summarises the sentiment of the Richmond people, failure after failure, lost cause after lost cause, you still manage to find some happiness and optimism in it all. Love ya's for it. lol, even you dean.

That's what keeps me going sometimes John. Just the emotion and endless spirit of Richmond supporters. I don't care what anyone says, I'd have them on my side any time.

Bless all your Tiger hearts.

15 years of sticking your finger up your bum leads me to think you may do it out of enjoyment rather than pure anguish ;D ;D ;D

A gerneral improvement across the board is what I am hoping for.

For we all know that once the confidence is there after a few wins the club really changes gears and becomes a very good side. A few early wins, and look out ;)

Such negativity JohnF.

I fail to see how two players - both who've played in premiership teams, and both in the prime of their careers - wouldn't add depth to the club.

Give them a go.

Surely anyone who breathes, let alone Blumfield and Johnson, is a better option than good ordinary VFL players in Duncan, King and Rodgers.

Posted by: Tigerblood Posted on: Feb 20th, 2003, 11:46am
"Too right J2R. Kane Johnson is a seriously good recruit, and cannot be compared to all the Brad Gwilliams, Steve O'Dwyers and Clay Sampsons. As for Sisyphus, the analogy doesn't quite work, because we are pushing the rock up the hill in order to win a premiership, so there is some promise of a heaven to come. Camus himself was an international goalkeeper, so he obviously didn't think sport was pointless, despite all those drab novels. Good thoughts though JF."

Tigerblood the analogy with the tale was only meant to go so far as to show that richmond supporters manage to find some hapiness and enthusiam inspite of desolate situations. As for Camus' life as a goalkeeper, lol, theorising about the meaninglessness and absurdity of life is one thing, acting life out as if it were is another matter.

Posted by: Rampaging Richo Posted on: Feb 20th, 2003, 6:03pm
"15 years of sticking your finger up your bum leads me to think you may do it out of enjoyment rather than pure anguish"

RampagingRicho, lol, u idiot