Our kids | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our kids

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Sony. Slow, dosent like contact. Delist quality
Campbell is ok but is he a top 4 quality footballer, I doubt it.
Brown we shouldve kept our pick and got Holmes and allowed this bloke to end up at Geelong. Very timid. Typical Geelong cat.
Banks, I haven't seen anything from him to say he can play. Came on and as soon he got a kick he got pinged for deliberate.
Gibcus, is looking like the next Scottty Homewood, the great Richmond player to never actually play due always being injured.
Clarke I don't mind class but still not fast enough for my liking.
McCouglan. He looks good but I don't see enough of him.
The rest Green Bauer Cumberland Coulthard Might be all gone at years end

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I am sick of going to the footy and hear that supporters tell me about “ our kids “
Realistically how many been nominated for Rising Star ?? 1 Brown ?
Sonsie is a 👎
Banks 👎
Juddy 👎
Campbell probably won’t make 50 games
Dow 👎 ( never going to be an onballer and can’t hide him anywhere else )
Coulthard 👎
Bauer 👎
Ryan 👎

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Miller
Hugo
Maybe
Brown And blight and campbell as bottom 6 role players.

The rest are all dubious.

Id trade out or retire the following .Especislly to free up 5 milliom a year to go hard after half a dozen young guns .

Grimes To injured
Lynch..to injured
Graham..awful
Bolton..lazy and sloppy not anywhere near A geade
Baker..gone
Short...
Dusty....sadly way off the superstar he was
Pickett
Prestia...plays 1 game a minth and gets 800,000

Reactions: 1 user
Its all about the draft picks. The problem isn't our young players. The problem is our elite core, which were all early draft picks, are retired or past their best. Some of our young players will become good players, best 22, and some, maybe most, won't. None of them, except maybe JG, will be elite core players you build a side around. Thats the issue, thats what is required.

If Dusty, Cotch, Jack, Lynch, Prestia, Vlastuin, Rance had never existed, all of the above criticisms would have been relentlessly levelled at our 2nd and 3rd tier players. I mean they have been anyway at various times, but you get the point.

As we are a lowly team now and the 2 Scums are finals types, it's interesting to see how our VFL team is top 8 material and yet those other 2 VFL teams are both rock bottom. We'll get the draft picks, they won't, so who's better off mid/long term?

I am sick of going to the footy and hear that supporters tell me about “ our kids “
Realistically how many been nominated for Rising Star ?? 1 Brown ?
Sonsie is a 👎
Banks 👎
Juddy 👎
Campbell probably won’t make 50 games
Dow 👎 ( never going to be an onballer and can’t hide him anywhere else )
Coulthard 👎
Bauer 👎
Ryan 👎
Then why do you rock up to training sessions if these are your thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Brown we shouldve kept our pick and got Holmes and allowed this bloke to end up at Geelong. Very timid. Typical Geelong cat.
Banks, I haven't seen anything from him to say he can play. Came on and as soon he got a kick he got pinged for deliberate.
Gibcus, is looking like the next Scottty Homewood, the great Richmond player to never actually play due always being injured.
I agree with most of your comments but reckon you are a bit harsh on Campbell and Brown as I they have shown something this season. Both need a tank and a good preseason and I think they will make it. I still have hopes for Gibcus as he has talent to burn and was just unfortunate with his ACL. Bauer still needs a run in the firsts to see what he has. I assume you mean McAuliffe not McCouglan. If so I reckon he will make it

As we are a lowly team now and the 2 Scums are finals types, it's interesting to see how our VFL team is top 8 material and yet those other 2 VFL teams are both rock bottom. We'll get the draft picks, they won't, so who's better off mid/long term?
Id agree with you normally but I think the challenge is we’ve only had a handful of afl players in the vfl team all year (due the massive injury list) - so some (most?) of the performance driven by the non AFL core.

i was watching the VFL on my phone , but did miss chunks as I was moving house

I'll invite anyone at the game to correct or add more

I liked some stuff i saw from Green before the goals in the last , its like his game is growing , the goals in the last is a bit of cream but it does say he knows how to convert

I saw two pieces of play from Campbell Gray , a mark and a passage at ground level , that got me excited , more please , I wont say any more as I don't want to jinx (good msd pick )

OHB , is very raw , gets moved around and shielded from the ball a bit , but hes got something , a hunger for the ball and he's not a plodding giant and ok with ball in hand , we wont really know if he's a chance at AFL level till next year , but looks like a good project player and worth the Rookie B investment

Smith & Tresize , i have trouble picking them in real time and rely on the call , but both looking comfortable and confident at VFL level and doing some things that are a class above , to my eye they don't look far off getting a game , what are others thoughts ?

Our list is so *smile*. Has been a major issue for years and no one had the balls to do something about it. This could take years to fix. Clarke ruined us. Dimma got hungry. Gale leaving us in a worse place then when he arrived. List wise.
Balmey getting the sack. So much has gone wrong lately.

• Dislike
Our list is so *smile*. Has been a major issue for years and no one had the balls to do something about it. This could take years to fix. Clarke ruined us. Dimma got hungry. Gale leaving us in a worse place then when he arrived. List wise.
Correct . Only a few on this forum have an idea of what’s happening

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yep. I would much rather be in our position than theirs.

• Haha
What a steaming load of bull. Troll or goose?

The only problem l have with the young player's at the moment is their lack of physicality ,and a few have endurance issues .
Brown is not physical enough yet,that may come,but it's something he has to work on .
Sonsie the same ,also needs a better tank.
McAuliffe was out of steam in the third quarter,,he needs a couple of big pre-seasons .
Campbell a lot like Sonsie ,needs a better tank .
Ryan to me has plateaued ,l thought he may of had a decent future,but to me he's just a back up ruck

McAuliffe was out of steam in the third quarter,,he needs a couple of big pre-seasons .
he got off to a flyer in the pre season , then injury , sub and byes have seen him get precious few minutes in the last 8 weeks or so
any match fitness he had from the start of the season will have faded
which is *smile* because in a season like this it would be nice to at least see a young cub like McAuliffe get a good runs of games and give us some hope for next year

Campbell a lot like Sonsie ,needs a better tank .

Campbell needs a better tank ? He was the leader in distance covered and speed early in the season. Yes he's struggled a little the last couple of weeks but he's got a tank.