Our Best 22 players | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our Best 22 players

After yesterday's game

Grimes Rance Astbury
Vlastuin Chappy Conca
Ellis Miles Hunt
Lennon Griff Deledio
Beanie Jack Lloyd

Maric Cotchin Martin

Lambert Edwards Madonna sub/em: Mcintosh/Gordon/Knights/Vickery

I reckon we have 19 certainties for rd1. (fitness permitting)
B: Rance, Astbury, Chaplin, Grimes, Houli, Lennon
F: Riewoldt, Griffiths, TV, Edwards, Lids
M: Maric, Cotchin, Martin, Miles, Conca, Ellis, Vlaustin, Hunt

The rest will come from Morris, Grigg, Pettard, Lambert, Batchelor, Gordon, Lloyd, McIntosh.
Newman and Foley would be contenders if fit.

The thing that really hits me is that there are no out-and-out bums, throughout the Spud and Wallet years half the side was out-and-out bums, a handful of decent players, and Richo and Lids.

Now every player has a decent strength, including all the players highlighted in the original post, they are either fast, tough and fearless, or get the ball a lot, and also many of those are ALREADY in the fringe. (personally I believe we'll be top four if we can improve on just 3 or 4 of the seven highlighted, given natural improvement of players, I said during a game last year, 'if Pettard, Gordon and Morris were all 20% better, we'd be top 4').

The days of a list clogged with tear-your-hair-out, 27 year old nothing players on $100K over the odds are GONE people!

Bullarto Tiger said:
If the Tigers are to make strides forward in their efforts to the elite tier of the competition, then I would like to think the likes of Morris, Thomas, Petterd, Newman and Grigg would struggle for regular game time in 2015.

Thomas and Pettard already are, Morris is a junk yard dog-type every side has, but I take your point, Newman's age will have him playing 10-12 games I reckon, Grigg, we'll see, again I take your point, I can see both sides to the debate on whether he should be in or out...ATM at least

tigersnake said:
The thing that really hits me is that there are no out-and-out bums, throughout the Spud and Wallet years half the side was out-and-out bums, a handful of decent players, and Richo and Lids.

Now every player has a decent strength, including all the players highlighted in the original post, they are either fast, tough and fearless, or get the ball a lot, and also many of those are ALREADY in the fringe. (personally I believe we'll be top four if we can improve on just 3 or 4 of the seven highlighted, given natural improvement of players, I said during a game last year, 'if Pettard, Gordon and Morris were all 20% better, we'd be top 4').

The days of a list clogged with tear-your-hair-out, 27 year old nothing players on $100K over the odds are GONE people!
You really had to hand it to Wallet. He said he inherited a train wreck of a list from Spud (which he did, mind you) and then in his time at Richmond he somehow managed to make it even worse.

Won't happen this way but I'd go

Grimes- Astbury- Chaplin

Houli - Rance- Vlaustin

Ellis- Miles- Hunt

Martin- Griffiths- Deledio

Edwards- Reiwoldt- Vickery

Maric Cotchin Conca

Lambert Lloyd Lennon

Sub Pettard / Mcintosh

I think Grigg will play a role and am certain Morris will play on Yarran....there's the 2 biggest contrasts in players you'll ever see.....Mcdounough an Mcintosh smokers depending on tommorow

I'd like more speed in the back half but I'm sure Ellis an hunt will push back there, like to see a Lennon or mcintosh take over a wing from Hunt as the year go's an Hunt play a role down back

Brodders17 said:
I reckon we have 19 certainties for rd1. (fitness permitting)
B: Rance, Astbury, Chaplin, Grimes, Houli, Lennon
F: Riewoldt, Griffiths, TV, Edwards, Lids
M: Maric, Cotchin, Martin, Miles, Conca, Ellis, Vlaustin, Hunt

The rest will come from Morris, Grigg, Pettard, Lambert, Batchelor, Gordon, Lloyd, McIntosh.
Newman and Foley would be contenders if fit.

Would agree with this summation - and be very happy to see it unfold. Elton, McDonough and McBean push hard for selection too.

Good game ready squad.

Grimes, Rance, Vlaustuin
Houli, Chaplin, Morris
Ellis, Miles, Hunt
Martin, Griffith, Exwards
Delidio, Reiwoldt, Lennon

Maric, Sheedy, Bartlett
Hart, Northey, Titus, Dyer

Soz. A?D.deeee

Chaplin Astbury Morris
Grimes Rance Houli
Hunt Martin B.Ellis
Deledio Griffiths Conca
Vickery Riewoldt Edwards
Maric, Cotchin, Miles

Vlastuin, Grigg, Lennon Sub: Newman
Batchelor, Knights, Petterd

Dea Elton Drummond
Petterd Batchelor Arnot
McIntosh C.Ellis Lambert
Knights McBean Gordon
Lloyd McKenzie McDonough
Hampson, Thomas, Foley

Short, Butler, Castagna, Menadue, Soldo

houli - astbury/elton - grimes (??? not re signed)
vlastuin - rance - c ellis
mcintosh - miles - menadue
edwards - riewoldt - lennon (??? not re signed)
deledio - mcbean - griffiths/vickery
maric - martin - cotchin

lambert
b ellis
conca
Lloyd

retire/delist: Grigg shyte, Chaplin shyte, Newman put a fork in him

Thought I'd have a crack at this now that we're through the trade and draft.

Vlastuin - Rance - Batchelor
Yarran - Astbury/Elton - Grimes
McIntosh – Miles – Houli
Edwards - Riewoldt - Lennon
Deledio - Vickery – McBean/Griffiths
Maric/Hampson - Martin - Cotchin

Lambert
B Ellis
C Ellis
Conca/Lloyd