Our Best 22 players | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our Best 22 players

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Who should be IN or OUT in your best 22 side

This is the team we fielded against Port in our losing final. IMO In order to go forward we must find replacements for the players in red

B Chris Newman, Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Steven Morris
C Reece Conca, Trent Cotchin, Anthony Miles
HF Nathan Gordon, Ben Griffiths, Brett Deledio
F Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin
FOL Ivan Maric, Brandon Ellis, Shaun Grigg
I/C Jake Batchelor, Nick Vlastuin, Nathan Foley
SUB Ricky Petterd

Have no trouble with your replacement selections. We have the talent available to make significant upgrades. Let's see them on the park.

btoz_01 said:
Who should be IN or OUT in your best 22 side

This is the team we fielded against Port in our losing final. IMO In order to go forward we must find replacements for the players in red

B Chris Newman, Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Steven Morris
C Reece Conca, Trent Cotchin, Anthony Miles
HF Nathan Gordon, Ben Griffiths, Brett Deledio
FOL Ivan Maric, Brandon Ellis, Shaun Grigg
I/C Jake Batchelor, Nick Vlastuin, Nathan Foley
SUB Ricky Petterd

Leave Morris in the back pocket.
Swap Newman for Lennon
Swap Gordon for Knights
Swap Foley for Lloyd and put Edwards in the middle
Swap Batch for Hunt
Leave Grigg and Petterd for the time being, or replace Petterd with Lambert.

After today, perhaps TV is putting pressure on Griffiths.

Thomas, Hampson and ... (nah :hihi)

Best 22
TyRone
Hunt
Lennon

Have to be pretty close
Lambert
Lloyd
Knights
The Berry

Not that upset if
Batch
Gordon
petterd

get a game. All can be solid when playing well! All depends on team balance and who we are winning up on!

Will be worried if a post injury foley, or a old New man get games a head of any of those! Grigg n Morris would need to do some special things to make me think they are still best 22. At least morris has shown at his best he can be a good lock down small defender.

I'm gunna go early. This feels a lot like 1980. Hardwick and his team have crafted a great list.

Plenty of sublimely skilled players.

A VERY good squad of mids
A VERY good squad of defenders including lots of talls and smalls
A VERY good squad of forwards also including lots of talls and smalls
Excellent age average
Very good depth

THIS IS THE YEAR WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

If the Tigers are to make strides forward in their efforts to the elite tier of the competition, then I would like to think the likes of Morris, Thomas, Petterd, Newman and Grigg would struggle for regular game time in 2015.

Bullarto Tiger said:
If the Tigers are to make strides forward in their efforts to the elite tier of the competition, then I would like to think the likes of Morris, Thomas, Petterd, Newman and Grigg would struggle for regular game time in 2015.

This.

rinso17 said:
I'm gunna go early. This feels a lot like 1980. Hardwick and his team have crafted a great list.

Plenty of sublimely skilled players.

A VERY good squad of mids
A VERY good squad of defenders including lots of talls and smalls
A VERY good squad of forwards also including lots of talls and smalls
Excellent age average
Very good depth

THIS IS THE YEAR WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

While I admire your enthusiasm, I have to make the point that it's all relative. The only statements that matter are of the sort

"We have a squad of MIDS/DEFS/FWDS (or whatever) that are better than almost every other team".
"Our age profile is significantly better than almost every other team".
"Our reserves are better than almost every other team's reserves".

I can't honestly answer YES to most or any of these questions, which means we are probably just another mid-ranking side.

I agree with the outs except for batchelor ..I thought he was good late last year and was excelent in the nab against the dogs ....the ball didn't get down into the backline much yesterday so hard to judge ..

With lennon lambert hunt Macintosh astbury lloyd and Knights all looking very impressive , there's going to be plenty of spots up for grabs

Grigg yesterday still just blasted away to no one with his kicks...im tired of bagging him ..but his blasting away to no one in the foward line just is a waste of time...
Gordon..very dissapointing in the nab
Tyrone?? Mmm....I watched Mitch clark six goal game next to hawkins...a reality check ....Tyrone needs to step right up real quick
Newman...love him,,nice sub at best..hasn't really put in a great game for a long time..and Rance is the backline organizer these days
Foley..injured and not sure if he can offer more than hunt lambert or lennon
Morris...wouldn't be fussed if he got a game ..in the backline ..
Pettard ..good back up player if there's injuries but start up 22
Conca...I'm still totally unconvinced....lennon ,Macintosh ,hunt and lambert..all far more impressive so far..
Can't see us adding to many first year players in the side first game in ..but lennon hunt lambert must be very close

Bullarto Tiger said:

Yes!

Picking the best 22 atm isn't an easy process. Plenty of competition which is really healthy. 8-
No doubt the side selected against Carlton will be the source of much debate.

Morris being in the leadership group shouldn't affect the decision to play him or not. If he's up to it, fine. If not, bye bye.

At this stage I can see Hunt Vickery and Lennon making April 2

Others including Lambert and McIntosh still have to get more runs on the board at this stage but will get a game at some point

Bullarto Tiger said:
I agree with this, except for Morris. If a fit Steve Morris is played in his correct position he earns his spot every week.

B Alex Rance, Dave Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Taylor Hunt
C Reece Conca, Trent Cotchin, Brandon Ellis
HF Chris Knights, Ben Griffiths, Brett Deledio
FOL Ivan Maric, A Miles, Kane Lambert
I/C Ty Vickery, Nick Vlastuin, Steve Morris
SUB Ben Lennon

Firstly I don't like the above as we're too slow, but I can see Hardwick n co do it, maybe with Morris and Knights swapped.
I wouldn't play Morris but we will, he's in the leadership group. I can see Rance running around and causing massive havoc intercepting attacks from the opposition without having to worry about the key back.