Ooooh! Yeeeeaaaah! The road to the spoon 2024! Get spoony! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ooooh! Yeeeeaaaah! The road to the spoon 2024! Get spoony!

Do ya wanna get spoony?

• Well, duh.

• Cheese sandwich and a spoon, please.

• Spoon me, brutal world

• Do we get some of them fancy charity picks?

• I wanna steam-powered spoon, and now!

• Spoon ya baby.

• I spuv to loon!

Results are only viewable after voting.
To tank or not to tank, that is the question.

Imagine if in the last round we could kick Dimma's toys out of the finals...
Would be great but Suns will kick themselves out. They've beaten Crows, Tigers, Hawks, West Coast & North this year, all but 1 at home.

Hate is a strong word but must admit that I hate this poll.

Ange was furious for a very good reason. Any elite sporting environment that in someway accepts losses as beneficial to their organisation is an anathema to the idea of competitive sport.

Winning mentality should permeate all aspects of a sporting club....including supporters!

Reactions: 4 users

Ange was furious for a very good reason. Any elite sporting environment that in someway accepts losses as beneficial to their organisation is an anathema to the idea of competitive sport.

Winning mentality should permeate all aspects of a sporting club....including supporters!
i want us to win every game for the rest of the year, but failing that, i hope i am disappointed often enough we end up with pick 2.

Reactions: 2 users

Why do you not think we are not trying to win??

Injuries have heavily impacted our ability to be competitive. Fully expect that the return of Lynch, Taranto, Baker, Grimes, Hopper, Ross, Rioli and Graham will see us winning again

Injuries have heavily impacted our ability to be competitive. Fully expect that the return of Lynch, Taranto, Baker, Grimes, Hopper, Ross, Rioli and Graham will see us winning again
Lynch / Prestia injuries basically stuffed up any chance in 22 and 23 of something serious and what you say above has blown up something being good in 24.

Not surprising Geelong get thrashed with Hawkins showing his age (and out), Cameron out and Dangerfield out. I wasn’t following closely but changed my tip at last minute when I heard those outs. If they have the next lot of those kind of blokes in their team already as the media seem to indicate I don’t see it.

Wet Coke during the Covid years had to add supplemental players to their team just to be able to field a side on match day. We're currently about three fifths of SFA from having to do the same due to injury issues.
we are getting closer.

5 AFL listed players in the VFL team this week, lowest of the season. One of them will travel to brissy as 24th man as well.

we are getting closer.

5 AFL listed players in the VFL team this week, lowest of the season. One of them will travel to brissy as 24th man as well.
1 ruck, 1 ruck/ forward, 1 KPF, 1 3rd tall back and 1 small back.

Reactions: 1 user

Environment includes us supporters TP. Never said the footy dept was not trying to win games of football. Just abhor the loser mentality associated with the celebration of high draft picks as a result of our shitness....!

This is no time for complacency, PREnders. Those filthy shintankers are out to steal our spoon. So we must vigilantly spoon again this week.

It's Dusty's farewell. (And a couple of other blokes too. Whatsisname and Number Thingo. And the wine bloke.) So we'll have to be vigilantly complacent at the football instead of complacently complacent at home. Bring something to not read. Something edifying. And glance up at the scoreboard during the ads in your favourite funny cat videos. Then go back to something watchable.

Don't forget to pointedly ignore Hardwick. He'll get the message. And booing takes a lot of air.

Remember this - it is better for Dogwick to triumph tomorrow and for us to deploy in the future the champions we get through the Spoony Spoon Epoque Magnifique to let the air out of his hadron collider.

Spoon on, you spoony spoonmonds.

Here's the song -

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
2.5% or there abouts in it. Let's win by a point and hope Norf don't get pummeled. Or maybe a draw with a set shot goal after the siren by Marlion.

Well our game has been pushed back to 3 .20 & Roos brought forward to 12.30 so we can at least know how the result of that game will affect us.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Actually, a 114 point loss in the last game of the season to an interstate team has served us very well in the past

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So far we're 1-8. Our percentage has been annihilated. 65.6% atm. We're *smile*.

We've all been wondering how a "middling side" like Richmond will get the draft currency to rebuild without turning into a basketcase. Carter, for one, is all over it. And dozens of times we've speculated that we'll never get any draft currency with Ninthmond battling away.

We were always going to use the tried and true method. Get injuries. Once you get a few long-termers it doesn't take much bad luck for your availabilty to be massacred. And if you get real lucky with bad luck you can become totally uncompetitive until it's too late. Nineteenthmond is up and about. Buckle up and get ready for the torture to continue.

Rd​
W/L​
Date​
Match​
Venue​
R0​
L​
09/03/24​
Gold Coast Suns​
Richmond
GCS PRC Oval​
1​
L​
14/03/24​
Carlton​
Richmond
MCG​
2​
L​
24/03/24​
Richmond
Port Adelaide​
MCG​
3​
W​
31/03/24​
Richmond
Sydney Swans​
MCG​
4​
L​
07/04/24​
Richmond
St Kilda​
Norwood Oval​
5​
L​
14/04/24​
West Coast Eagles​
Richmond
Optus Stadium​
7​
L​
24/04/24​
Richmond
Melbourne​
MCG​
8​
L​
05/05/24​
Richmond
Fremantle​
MCG​
9​
L​
11/05/24​
Richmond
Western Bulldogs​
MCG​
10​
-​
18/05/24​
Brisbane Lions​
Richmond
Gabba​
11​
-​
25/05/24​
Richmond
Essendon​
MCG​
12​
-​
01/06/24​
Geelong Cats​
Richmond
GMHBA Stadium​
13​
-​
06/06/24​
Adelaide Crows​
Richmond
Adelaide Oval​
14​
-​
15/06/24​
Richmond
Hawthorn​
MCG​
16​
-​
30/06/24​
Richmond
Carlton​
MCG​
17​
-​
06/07/24​
Fremantle​
Richmond
Optus Stadium​
18​
-​
14/07/24​
Richmond
GWS Giants​
MCG​
19​
-​
20/07/24​
Port Adelaide​
Richmond
Adelaide Oval​
20​
-​
28/07/24​
Collingwood​
Richmond
MCG​
21​
-​
03/08/24​
North Melbourne​
Richmond
Marvel Stadium​
22​
-​
11/08/24​
Richmond
St Kilda​
Marvel Stadium​
23​
-​
18/08/24​
Hawthorn​
Richmond
MCG​
24​
-​
09/03/24​
Richmond
Gold Coast Suns​
MCG​

Which are the games upon which our season hinges? Hawks and Kangaroos stand out.

What's the bet we get some players back and do StFraud or the Purple Wiggles? They are hard to lose to when you're down.
Great early call Cap'n Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users