Not enough goal scorers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not enough goal scorers

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Another game where we will struggle to get more than 10 goals.

Some PREenders are excellent with Stats.

Outside last weeks 83? pts - why is it that we can't score???

Players inside 50 seem to look around for someone - instead of going for goal.

At least half of the players can't kick 45m.

What is the solution? (sadly it isn't Morton)

Long term solution will be hopefully Griffiths to play a key forward role.

I'd also still be inclined to play Post as a mobile tall forward option, especially going to meet the ball coming off half-back. Astbury looks too undeveloped yet.

Edwards also needs to play forward pocket. Nahas has looked like an ordinary VFL player this season in a side with too many midgets.

Jack can hold his head high.

Would have been nice if Cousins had slotted that snap.

My god - the commentators just said Rance did something clever!!!!!!

Jack's hit a nice purple patch - very enjoyable to watch (though it was a shame what he did with his first 3 touches tonight but he more than redeemed himself).

We need Morton to help stretch opposition defences. Astbury needs more time and I don't believe Polak is the answer. Lets hope Morton comes back even better.

dont kow what the problem is with playig post up fwd. he is one year more into his afl exprience than astbury and yet they keepgiving astbury a go. Post was pretty good playin fwd end of last year. give him some games and some confidence, he definately has the ability!

morton has to come in also. dont know what the prob with his defensive side is, but i thought a forwards main job was to KICK GOALS FIRST, then have a defensive side and all the rest of it. we are lacking fwd goalkickers and he definately kicks goals, so whats the problem???

Tigers2011 said:
Long term solution will be hopefully Griffiths to play a key forward role.

I'd also still be inclined to play Post as a mobile tall forward option, especially going to meet the ball coming off half-back. Astbury looks too undeveloped yet.

Edwards also needs to play forward pocket. Nahas has looked like an ordinary VFL player this season in a side with too many midgets.

Gee i hope that Griffiths can play!
Is he Richmonds great white hope?
We are screwed in so many postions, even if we had Judd and Franklin we would still turn the ball over and drop marks and have miss tackles.
where are a long way away!

arlobill said:
Bring in griffiths asap and post and mortom as our foward line is0sh!t

Agreed.

Riewoldt lone hand and it's been that way all year. Needs help badly. Not just tall targets too but mid-sized targets (Morton, Taylor types).

ZeroGame said:
Griffiths can come in when he's ready
We need him for the next 10 years, not 10 weeks

Leppa said on radio he will play in the next couple of weeks.

checkside said:
We need Morton out there. I wish he would pull his finger out and demand his spot back.

Has he spat it?

When he was in WA he had a badly overinflated sense of his ability as a footballer. Led to arrogance and laziness and a tendency to sulk when things didn't go his way.

Needs to snap out of it quickly, because I don't think he will have a chance to play at another club.

Morton has the talent to be a long term player for us. What he doesn't appear to have right now is the attitude he needs to get there.

I'd back the coach on this one - if Mitch spends the whole season in the 2s to learn what he has to do to succeed, fine, so be it. Bringing him in now might help us look better on the scoreboard, but in a season that's all about DEVELOPING A GOOD CULTURE it would be the worst decision the selection committee could make.

Your future is in your own hands Mitch.

grumpytiger said:
Morton has the talent to be a long term player for us. What he doesn't appear to have right now is the attitude he needs to get there.

I'd back the coach on this one - if Mitch spends the whole season in the 2s to learn what he has to do to succeed, fine, so be it. Bringing him in now might help us look better on the scoreboard, but in a season that's all about DEVELOPING A GOOD CULTURE it would be the worst decision the selection committee could make.

Here, Here Grumpy. :clap

grumpytiger said:

So what has this bloke done? What is the evidence of this poor attitude?

I hope CC has a quite word in Adam Maric,s ear[melb].Rated this kid as a junior.Knows where the goals are but not getting a go at melb.
Morton for Maric perhaps.