Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

Don't think that's his "home town" didn't he originally get recruited from Subiaco?

DS

He wasn’t really ‘recruited’ from Subiaco. That is where he played WAFL though, debuting as a 16 year old.

He actually moved to Victoria with his family when he was 16 due to his father’s work.

The Tigers became aware of the situation and signed him as a player with potential who needed development. Very few WA players made that sort of move in those days. Usually it was older established stars who came over in their early to mid 20s.

Balme ended up playing in an u19 flag in his first year with us, the continued his development in the reserves before making a league debut in 1970 and becoming a regular in the Seniors in 1971.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for being a great player for us, Again thank you for your great support, achievement and mentoring you have given to this great club. You have our deepest respect.

Reactions: 2 users
Forever the Subiaco Superman for those of us lucky enough to regularly see him play in the mid 70s.

Nearly won the Sunscore one year too.

Just love the guy.

This mass exodus stinks.

Reactions: 2 users
Forever the Subiaco Superman for those of us lucky enough to regularly see him play in the mid 70s.

Nearly won the Sunscore one year too.

Just love the guy.

This mass exodus stinks.
The club is imploding from Empire to Rubble in just on 3 years.

The club won the 2020 flag in spite of itself and the AFL and has never been the same since.

Something aint right down there.

Everyone's walking away, no ones in for the fight to help re build the joint.

Is it the Camel Curse or the Hump in the Hubwick curse ..............................

The club is imploding from Empire to Rubble in just on 3 years.

The club won the 2020 flag in spite of itself and the AFL and has never been the same since.

Something aint right down there.

Everyone's walking away, no ones in for the fight to help re build the joint.

Is it the Camel Curse or the Hump in the Hubwick curse ..............................
Hear what you're saying, Lambie.
Don't think it's quite that bad.

People leave for various reasons.
The Guru Balmey was moved on.
Maybe this was wrong.
Maybe Beavis can talk The Prince into leaving.
Will be bad if/when he puts other colors on.

However these and other exits if they occur will allow new opportunities for all parties.

Delids also left to try his luck elsewhere.
How did that end up for him?

I think clubs can get turned around a lot quicker these days.
Just need to make sure we get good people in.

Reactions: 1 user
what a crock of *smile* that is

& to add, It was Balmey's idea to promote Blair & Livo to keep them engaged and at Richmond, straight from Balmey himself
Let's not let facts get in the way of a good opinion Tazzy!

Maybe we should keep Balme until he's 120.

what a crock of *smile* that is

& to add, It was Balmey's idea to promote Blair & Livo to keep them engaged and at Richmond, straight from Balmey himself
It was his idea correct , doesn't mean they have done a great job through and Balme shouldn't have been kept on in this period moving forward. How about you give me some facts not bs talk.

Fitness conditioning and medical fail . Evidence was there last season we needed a review
Trade for Hooper fail and giving the house for him
Lack of support for Yze in the media training
Not reading the writing on the wall we needed to rejuvenate 2 years ago like the rest of the football department

Last edited:
Just a small example of a drop in management standards. As part of my membership package I received a small metal tag with my dogs name on it. It was of such poor quality it did not last 3 months (fell to pieces). Wrote to RFC to say that such merchandise indicates a connection between members and the club, samples matter.
No response. Doubt this would happen with a top professional business. The tag did not matter to me, it was the lack of understanding that it should matter to the club.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a small example of a drop in management standards. As part of my membership package I received a small metal tag with my dogs name on it. It was of such poor quality it did not last 3 months (fell to pieces). Wrote to RFC to say that such merchandise indicates a connection between members and the club, samples matter.
No response. Doubt this would happen with a top professional business. The tag did not matter to me, it was the lack of understanding that it should matter to the club.

Hmm a poor quality Dog tag, that's what happens when clubs start selling pet memberships :cool: