NAB RISING STAR FOR THIS ROUND 10 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB RISING STAR FOR THIS ROUND 10

Baloo said:
The papers are saying he is ineligible to win it. Sounds like no one is really sure.

everyone seems confused Baloo, the sun website ive been told says his eligible but in todays sun it says he's not eligible, go figure!!!

DirtyDogTiger said:
it's still a team game right? :duh

or has adolf dimitriou got rid of that too?

Hey DirtyDog,

Seems like my observations were near the mark,

... but, what was I thinking :ner

Sir said:
Guys,

C'mon ......... pleeeeaaaasse ::)

I wrote a post last week suggesting that Nason would never make it as a serious AFL player due to his diminutive stature.

I was more than prepared for someone to drag that post out and suggest that he played a good game - to which I would have conceeded/given credit where it is/was due.

3 goals is indeed an excellent output.

BUT - to suggest it was a Rising Star performance - is blind in the least.

I watched the game yesterday - and then watched it again today for good measure. (a win is a win is a win - and it's great to enjoy one)

I implore you to get a copy of the tape and follow Nason very carefully.

Seemed reluctant to tackle in the first half (his jumper was clean when everyone else's was dirty), he was brushed aside on several occasions - and if you watch his three goals - one was good - one was excellent positioning - and one fell in his lap.

I might suggest his three goals were direct results of others EFFORTS - but that detracts from his good positioning.

Well done Ben - it was a really good effort - and along with other supporters I hope we see more of it.

Was it a Rising Star effort?

I wouldn't think so.

Dustin Martin was a far superior contribution.
I agree with this, he did not go in hard enough on a couple of occasions in the first half (his first half was average) and did seem hesitant to lay a few tackles. I like him but agree with most of what you have said there. HE can paly a role for us going forward and he has done more than I would have expected him to do so early in a career.