NAB RISING STAR FOR THIS ROUND 10 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB RISING STAR FOR THIS ROUND 10

Feb 25, 2007
I declare Dustin Martin for this week’s NAB rising star, if he doesn’t get it for 21 disposals, 17 contested and 11 clearances i will literally go off...

Even Nason with his 3 goals is in the running, gysberts too was good from Melbourne but 1 game shouldn’t get you the rising star for the round, normally need 2 or 3 on the trot....

Is Nason too old for rising star nomination???

Scratch that he's only 20, must be under 21 be January 1

Nason's only 20, what age does it kick in at? Besides if Nason said he was younger, who'd argue with him? He looks about 12.

CarnTheTiges said:
Nason's only 20, what age does it kick in at? Besides if Nason said he was younger, who'd argue with him? He looks about 12.

Must be under 21 by January 1, as I said earlier ;)

Martin cant win it at the end of the year anyway cos he got a reprimand a few weeks ago.. he still deserves a nomination tho, as does Nason..

If they dont get it my money is on Gysberts from Melbourne this week...

Mrs Richo said:
Martin cant win it at the end of the year anyway cos he got a reprimand a few weeks ago.. he still deserves a nomination tho, as does Nason..

If they dont get it my money is on Gysberts from Melbourne this week...

That's what I thought as well, but a small snippett in the paper last week said he was despite getting the reprimand. Can someone clear this up?

Can i nominate that kid that was wearing 35, he was fanastic, his drive from half back was judd like. what a star.
Who was that? :devilsmiley

The usually reward consistency over a good debut unless it was a standout, they also tend to rarely award it to a player in a losing side
Would think Martin is the leading contender this week

Guys,

C'mon ......... pleeeeaaaasse ::)

I wrote a post last week suggesting that Nason would never make it as a serious AFL player due to his diminutive stature.

I was more than prepared for someone to drag that post out and suggest that he played a good game - to which I would have conceeded/given credit where it is/was due.

3 goals is indeed an excellent output.

BUT - to suggest it was a Rising Star performance - is blind in the least.

I watched the game yesterday - and then watched it again today for good measure. (a win is a win is a win - and it's great to enjoy one)

I implore you to get a copy of the tape and follow Nason very carefully.

Seemed reluctant to tackle in the first half (his jumper was clean when everyone else's was dirty), he was brushed aside on several occasions - and if you watch his three goals - one was good - one was excellent positioning - and one fell in his lap.

I might suggest his three goals were direct results of others EFFORTS - but that detracts from his good positioning.

Well done Ben - it was a really good effort - and along with other supporters I hope we see more of it.

Was it a Rising Star effort?

I wouldn't think so.

Dustin Martin was a far superior contribution.

Has Daniel Hannaberry from the Swans been nominated ?
He was also excellent today as was Dusty yesterday.
Nason Rising Star nom ? - Nah

If Martin played at any other club he would have been nominated by now as it is though it makes no difference we can not have anyone and in future years when we are at the top can laugh at how we did it with unrecognised talent.

Martin should have been nominated by now.
His game against Port was fantastic and he should get the nod.

I hope Nason and Astbury get nominated later in the year.

Legends of 1980 said:
That's what I thought as well, but a small snippett in the paper last week said he was despite getting the reprimand. Can someone clear this up?

I said it cos i was listening to KB last week on SEN who said he cant...... he is on the panel of judges so i'm guessing he would know better the scum at Hun!

Mrs Richo said:
I said it cos i was listening to KB last week on SEN who said he cant...... he is on the panel of judges so i'm guessing he would know better the scum at Hun!

Yeah KB is probably covering himself because he won't nominate any Richmond player because he still has the brace and bits with the club.

I was of the understanding that Martin was ineligible after his early season indiscretion.

But then I noticed that a betting market printed in the Sunday Times (WA) today had him listed as a $6.00 chance.

I'd have thought that if he was out of the running, he would no longer show in the betting markets.

I'll check with Luxbet once they have stopped stuffing around after this weekends action and have their new prices up.

The papers are saying he is ineligible to win it. Sounds like no one is really sure.