NAB Cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB Cup

Mickey mouse and Donald Duck will be half time entertainment. The elephant man will be wheeled out before the game.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nab-cup-to-take-twenty20-format/story-e6frf9if-1225863614963

Read this garbage........Twenty20 football............ :brickwall

The 3 games of each group in Round 1 doesn't make sense.

If they're gonna go to this extreme, why not simply play 4 pre-season games (ala NFL) from mid- February so teams can get into rhythm by late March.

Round one of the NAB Cup will see six three-team groups play the "lightning round'' - a mini lightning premiership between themselves in three matches, each of two 20-minute halves, at the same venue, one after the other.

For example: Team A will play team B in game one. The winner will meet team C in game two immediately following and then the loser of game one plays team C in the third match.

The side that finishes on top of each of the six groups will move through to round two of the NAB Cup, with the best two of the rest - determined by win-loss and percentage - making up the rest of the finals pool.

After the opening week of Twenty20 footy, the competition will revert to standard AFL match conditions for the quarter, semi and grand finals.

Wow, Im having flashback of my childhood with those round robin competitions. What is the AFL coming to?

GoodOne said:
Wow, Im having flashback of my childhood with those round robin competitions. What is the AFL coming to?

and the round robin failed.

I'll watch with interest. Wait and see before I post my judgement.