My AFL Season (The fixture in 2012 and Beyond) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

My AFL Season (The fixture in 2012 and Beyond)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
http://www.afl.com.au/AFLHQ/MyAFLSeason/tabid/16355/Default.aspx

please refer to the link. the AFL have provided us with prospective ideas for the pre-season, home and away season and finals from 2012 onwards. they have also given us an opportunity to enter our own formats. this is a very interesting initiative from the AFL, and finally a positive, after all the crap eminating out of city hall of late.

fwiw, i think number 3a is by far the best scenario for the h&a season... in this option, we play each other once over 17 games, and then reset the fixture so the top 6, middle 6, and bottom 6 play each other again over the final 5 rounds. but i don't think the ladder should be separated as mentioned in this suggestion... although i think the flight for the no. 1 draft pick is an interesting scenario, which would eliminate tanking.

opinions?

The Roswell Alien appears at 2:02. It has some decent moves. :hihi

Entered my idea, entitled 'keep your hands off the game, Vlad'. Not sure if they will take it on board.

michael roach said:
Conferences! :duh

They can stick that in their arse.

I chose the 3 year locked fixture

Yeah look, call it "divisions" or whatever u like but spare us the Americanism....don' t we have to deal with that enough listening to MMM and Fox.

Geez I wonder which teams will be in Collingwood's little ladder!??! Ess and Carl?? Ya think?!

ToraToraTora said:
Yeah look, call it "divisions" or whatever u like but spare us the Americanism....don' t we have to deal with that enough listening to MMM and Fox.
Can you imagine the commentators saying "GWS are leading the Northern Conference due to their strong Dee-fence".

It`s bad enough listening to young Australian girls talking with an American accent,i had a girl tell me last week that she barracks for "Assendon".

You know, if they propose that the 3 "mini leagues" are cleanly and randomly drawn each year, I could almost live with it. Almost.

If they were really serious, they would get rid of finals. Only way to be sure the best team of the year wins the premiership.

ToraToraTora said:
If they were really serious, they would get rid of finals. Only way to be sure the best team of the year wins the premiership.

Disagree. The best team of the year isn't just consistent, but can also step up on that one day in September.

michael roach said:
Can you imagine the commentators saying "GWS are leading the Northern Conference due to their strong Dee-fence".

It`s bad enough listening to young Australian girls talking with an American accent,i had a girl tell me last week that she barracks for "Assendon".

So call them divisions then as tora suggested in the other thread on this. Conferences/Divisions are a fantastic idea to force the draw to be more even. However as Dermie suggested on SEN tonight the AFL are probably just playing funny buggers with us and will do what they wanted to all along while trying to leave fans feeling like they were given a choice.

The AFL is using both "conferences" and "divisions" as in their definition they are not the same. I prefer the term, "bunches". Like bananas.

IanG said:
However as Dermie suggested on SEN tonight the AFL are probably just playing funny buggers with us and will do what they wanted to all along while trying to leave fans feeling like they were given a choice.

Nice for Dermie to state the obvious.