Music Association Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Music Association Game

The Garden of Gethsemane - The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello)

background:
“It was during a sort of not great period in the early part of Audioslave where Chris Cornell had been missing for some time," he explained at the time. "We didn’t know where he was, we were very concerned about him. In the middle of the night he texts me some very cryptic couplets which was: ‘If you swallow the coin from the wishing well, your dreams will come true in heaven or hell.’ I thought, well that’s not great [laughs]. I’m like, ‘How are you? Where are you? Do you need any help?’ And he texts me back that."

"The next day I wrote the song ‘Garden of Gethsemane’, which is of course in the New Testament, where Jesus had his moment of doubt," he continued. "It’s a song that I play at the shows for my buddy Chris.”

Reactions: 1 user
Indoor Garden Party - This is how life is

Who'd have thought the guy from 40 odd foot of grunt could actually write a tune?