MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Bloody rubbish, Allir a huge contributor to his own concussion. Shoulda been a week at most.
That's what I thought. The bloke is huge and his own momentum v little guy carried him forward. He was also trying to get a kick away ie he was unable to brace himself for a fall that really, he created. Higgins was just holding on for dear life for the most part I thought.

Who the hell would know with this 'make it up on the run' organisation.

Reactions: 2 users
Open letter from Hamish Brayshaw to the AFL:

Yep, and the best point he makes is that the AFL need to decide on the criteria. There are 2 aspects to this:
1) I am not convinced they actually know, or are intelligent enough, to settle on a criteria.
2) defining a criteria would take away the AFL's much cherished discretion where they can play favourites which they always want to do.

Good to see someone calling out the AFL fr the idiotic morons they are.

The discretion the AFL so desires to hold on to will be what ends up leading to lawsuits and they will lose a few of them eventually because they are so unwilling to actually draw a clear line and state what is and is not acceptable.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
HAMISH BRAYSHAW'S OPEN LETTER TO THE AFL ON BACKCHAT PODCAST
Dear AFL,
AFL you are the greatest game in the world, but right now you’re a joke.
Hamish Brayshaw
What gets me, is, the sport is Australian Rules Football, not AFL.
The AFL is the cluster *smile* of an organisation charged with administering the sport, but systematically destroying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 users
Just run these through the AFL matrix:

”Umpires! Did we give Richmond a good rogering this weekend? You did? Excellent! And MRP, did we fine sufficient Richmond players this weekend? Yes? Ok, well, let’s go home then, job done. Til next week.”

”Umpires! Did we give Richmond a good rogering this weekend? You did? Excellent! And MRP, did we fine sufficient Richmond players this weekend? Yes? Ok, well, let’s go home then, job done. Til next week.”
Flogs response was more like: "yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir"

Good to see they’re hitting their target KPIs.

Charges laid:

Nathan Broad, Richmond
, has been charged with engaging in a melee/wrestle during the fourth quarter of the Round 8 match between Richmond and Fremantle played at the MCG on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

In summary, he can accept a $1250 sanction with an early plea.

The incident was classified as a $1875 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1250 sanction with an early plea.

Dylan Grimes, Richmond, has been charged with engaging in a melee/wrestle during the fourth quarter of the Round 8 match between Richmond and Fremantle played at the MCG on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

The incident was classified as a $1875 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1250 sanction with an early plea.

Ben Miller, Richmond, has been charged with kneeing Fremantle's Jye Amiss during the fourth quarter of the Round 8 match between Richmond and Fremantle played at the MCG on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

The incident was graded as careless conduct, low impact and high contact.

In summary, he can accept a $2500 sanction with an early plea.

The incident was classified as a $3750 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2500 sanction with an early plea.

Have to say I was surprised Miller only got a fine, if it was Lynch who carelessly dropped the knees he would’ve been suspended.(didn’t he get suspended for dropping the knees into someone hmm not sure now). Good to seeMRP actually fined
Melb guys too.

Reactions: 1 user
Charges laid:

Nathan Broad, Richmond
, has been charged with engaging in a melee/wrestle during the fourth quarter of the Round 8 match between Richmond and Fremantle played at the MCG on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

Dylan Grimes, Richmond, has been charged with engaging in a melee/wrestle during the fourth quarter of the Round 8 match between Richmond and Fremantle played at the MCG on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

Ben Miller, Richmond, has been charged with kneeing Fremantle's Jye Amiss during the fourth quarter of the Round 8 match between Richmond and Fremantle played at the MCG on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

The incident was graded as careless conduct, low impact and high contact.

In summary, he can accept a $2500 sanction with an early plea.

The incident was classified as a $3750 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2500 sanction with an early plea.

Have to say I was surprised Miller only got a fine, if it was Lynch who carelessly dropped the knees he would’ve been suspended.(didn’t he get suspended for dropping the knees into someone hmm not sure now). Good to seeMRP actually fined
Melb guys too.
But didnt fine any Freo players?

5 weeks for using a homophobic slur?
Seems a bit extreme to me. Get less for thumping someone.
Whatever happened to sticks & stones etc..
Anyways it's sent a very strong message & that homophobia is now on par with racist language.

Anyways it's sent a very strong message & that homophobia is now on par with racist language.
And how quiet media have been on this. Makes me ask the question the rumoured Vegas trip actions might have mentioned.

One of Dimma's toys made a boo-boo. Naughty toy.

Simple rule for all to see now. Just shut the F up n say nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
5 weeks for calling someone a name.

4 weeks for this:

Compare the pair…..

• Angry
5 weeks for calling someone a name.

4 weeks for this:

Compare the pair…..
Why use someone’s sexuality as a derogatory term? Got no issue with the penalty. Is it comparable to taking someone’s head off? No. But that’s an issues for the MRO and their sentencing. If you’re going to give 5 for a slur (again no issue with that) because you want to rub it out give someone 10 for a serious deliberate act.

The Stewart hit should have been 8-10 weeks. That was as bad as any of those 'hits of the 80s' clips.

Reactions: 4 users
As Jimmy Bartel said tonight on the radio, 2 are stupidity tax. If you're too stupid to figure out from Finlayson's suspension that this isn't acceptable, you deserve what you get

Reactions: 5 users