Most one-sided player of the modern era? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Most one-sided player of the modern era?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
The Tale of the Tiger Numbers saw a victory to Greg Tivendale (over Bill Wilson, which is crazy, but that is another topic for another time). Inevitably this lead to a conversation about our most one-sided modern player? As a subcategory, assuming most of the nominations are left footers, are there any really one-sided right foot players?

hutstar said:
The Tale of the Tiger Numbers saw a victory to Greg Tivendale (over Bill Wilson, which is crazy, but that is another topic for another time). Inevitably this lead to a conversation about our most one-sided modern player? As a subcategory, assuming most of the nominations are left footers, are there any really one-sided right foot players?

Taylor Hunt.
Closely followed by Dylan Grimes.

hutstar said:

I saw Greg Tivendale kick a 50 metre running goal on his right foot once. Think it was at Subiaco.

True story.

find it interesting that many left footers struggle on their right, while right footers can manage on their left. any scientific explanation for this?

Harry said:
find it interesting that many left footers struggle on their right, while right footers can manage on their left. any scientific explanation for this?

I've always thought that was weird too.

Grigg, Chaplin and Tiv are certainly the first that come to mind. Oddly enough I keep thinking of the lef footers with no right foot rather than the right footers with no left.

Harry said:

The right testicle of left footers has been proven to be larger than the left Harry. This impedes the right leg from swinging through naturally, thus reducing the quality of the kick.

Leysy Days said:
The right testicle of left footers has been proven to be larger than the left Harry. This impedes the right leg from swinging through naturally, thus reducing the quality of the kick.

;D. I knew there'd be a perfectly rational explanation

Leysy Days said:

Lefties should take a trick from them Sumo wrestlers in Japan then.