morton- hardwick u got it wrong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

morton- hardwick u got it wrong

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
how can mitch be dropped from the team :eek: last year he was the shining light in our fwd line. this year a little down but still contributing and is dangerous. one of a very few who you know can kick a bag of goals. were struggling in this area already and you take one of our proven goalkickers away.
is there some injury to morton?

what are u on hardwick?? why do u not like this guy?? sorry you have got this blatently WRONG

rubbish

hes been a lazy bum all season and needed a kick up his arse. without this dropping he'll keep being a solid player, dropping him might might him a very good player

the only excuse ill accept is that he wasnt dropped on form but to send him a message to try harder. he does put in but hes playing with no help up fwd (riew only) getting shizen limited delivery and getting the second best defender. hes not the quickest guy, but we have another FP position for that pressuring harassng player. hes the sneaky goal scoring, leading marking FP. after all isnt it about scoring more goals than ur opposition?

keepa lids onit said:
how can mitch be dropped from the team :eek: last year he was the shining light in our fwd line. this year a little down but still contributing and is dangerous. one of a very few who you know can kick a bag of goals. were struggling in this area already and you take one of our proven goalkickers away.

what are u on hardwick?? why do u not like this guy?? sorry you have got this blatently WRONG

What are you thinking Hardwick? If Terry was still in charge, Mitch would almost certainly be playing this week after a 0-4 start to the season.......Bowden too, Brown & Pettifer......*smile*, Pattison................Connors too........ :p

Talented player, but nothing wrong with dropping him to keep him motivated. His output has been down.

keepa lids onit said:

There you go, you've answered your own question...........

mld said:
I'm not sure Hardwick reads this forum, you may have to email him.

and ad a frown face at the end to drill your point home ;D

It is a two way street. When you don't have the ball in the forward line you are allowed to chase tackle and put pressure on so they don't take it out easy. Mitch to me is a "i" player and not a team player. He needs to learn this quickly.

Im fine with this, for too long, mainly due to our poor performances, senior players have got games on their name alone, or the fact that Wallace wanted to take shortcuts. However if Morton is out due to breaking a team rule or something similar then fair enough. I know some will point to Edwards, Simmonds, etc but skill errors under pressure are one thing and breaking team rules or structures is another, and this is where Dimma has to start making a statement.

dptyl1 said:
Im fine with this, for too long, mainly due to our poor performances, senior players have got games on their name alone, or the fact that Wallace wanted to take shortcuts. However if Morton is out due to breaking a team rule or something similar then fair enough. I know some will point to Edwards, Simmonds, etc but skill errors under pressure are one thing and breaking team rules or structures is another, and this is where Dimma has to start making a statement.
If Mitch has been dropped how the hell did Polo get a recall when most described his game last week in the reggies as poor.

So on one hand Dimma is sending a message to MM to lift his act and on the other he is rewarding Polo for a mediocre effort with Coburg. Can't have one rule for one and another for others aka the Wallace era.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
If Mitch has been dropped how the hell did Polo get a recall when most described his game last week in the reggies as poor.

So on one hand Dimma is sending a message to MM to lift his act and on the other he is rewarding Polo for a mediocre effort with Coburg. Can't have one rule for one and another for others aka the Wallace era.

Easily explained RR - Polo is playing for Coburg this week! ;D

If we compare Mitch to the average output of the average player - he gets a game.

If we compare Mitch from his average output to his individual potential - he gets dropped.

Finally we have a coach judging players by their individual expectations and not being content with them being above average in some areas of their game compared to everyone else.

He deserves it, he was terrible last week, we needed him to lift and he couldn't be bothered. Needs a kick in the ass.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
rubbish

hes been a lazy bum all season and needed a kick up his arse. without this dropping he'll keep being a solid player, dropping him might might him a very good player

Remind you of someone else this year?

Not great to see Morton dropped but im all for Hardwick's plan for the future and if these are some decisions needed to made, im all for it.
Good luck Mr Hardwick

Must say, that when MM has a ping from the side of his foot on the boundary Im quite relaxed in knowing it'll be another freakish goal or close....He got his nose busted from friendly fire last week midway through the game, maybe they just decided to go easy on him this week and give him a quieter run in the magoos..

He definitely isnt our worst, but prob reasons we don't understand here.. He'll be back...I just hope JR has been kicking 100's of balls from 30mtrs this week!!
I have no hair left to pull out!

Lets stick tough, and let the others know that even when we are down, we are still strong as ONE......God help em all when we begin to get on a roll.....they'll all S....t themselves.. :clap