Martin better than Scully, Cotchin better than Kreuzer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Martin better than Scully, Cotchin better than Kreuzer

Phar Ace said:
Kreuzer is a once in a generation ruckman, as Collingwood were supposed to be getting but cruelled him early. Hope that doesn't happen for poor Kreuzer - would have loved to have had him, but we probably would have cruelled him too.

IMHO Carlton are doing their best to cruel him. He may stand up to it though.

Kruezer is tracking close to Cox's performances at the same game experience level, except that Kruezer is younger. He will be an absolute star. Dangerfield, Rioli and Grimes are at least as good as Chimp on performances so far. I wouldn't swap Cotchin for any of them bar Kruezer, but that isn't to say that he is even in the top three of that draft.

In my mind Martin is certainly the best player we could have got at pick 3. Trengove and Scully look like superb players, but I really think we are lucky to get Martin, he is more of the type we needed, he might not end up being as good as the other two, but he is more of what we need, he has on-field leader written all over him. He really reminds me of Risciutto.

Really pleased with Cotchin's improvement, in particular his attack on the ball. Whereas previously I had him pegged as a Pendlebury/Dal Santo type, he now plays more like Joel Selwood.

Reckon the difference between Wallace and Hardwick is that, while Wallace coached according to individual players' strengths, Hardwick demands a uniform hard-nosed approach. No exceptions, no weak links.

Way too early to tell, wait and see how good they all are at age 25. I reckon Cotchin will end up being the best of all of them, especially once his body matures and he gets a few pre-seasons under his belt.

It does look like we have finally picked some players that will be champions, shame we didn't do that with some of the other 1st round draft picks we have had. I still shake my head when I think of Fiora (4), JON (8), Pettifer (9), Schulz (12), Meyer (12) and Pattison (16) who all did nothing before we ended up delisting them, if we had got decent players with all of these picks we wouldn't be on the bottom of the ladder now.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Reckon the difference between Wallace and Hardwick is that, while Wallace coached according to individual players' strengths, Hardwick demands a uniform hard-nosed approach. No exceptions, no weak links.

Well said and I agree.

SAF said:
Way too early to tell, wait and see how good they all are at age 25. I reckon Cotchin will end up being the best of all of them, especially once his body matures and he gets a few pre-seasons under his belt.

It does look like we have finally picked some players that will be champions, shame we didn't do that with some of the other 1st round draft picks we have had. I still shake my head when I think of Fiora (4), JON (8), Pettifer (9), Schulz (12), Meyer (12) and Pattison (16) who all did nothing before we ended up delisting them, if we had got decent players with all of these picks we wouldn't be on the bottom of the ladder now.

Just on Chimpa, I noticed his kicking wasn't as effecient on Sunday...a couple of occassions he completely missed the intended target. His hands are dynamite but the kicking was unusually a bit hit & miss.
Just an observation...

4 future superstars, most likley question will never be answered who is the best......IMHO Kreuzer will be in the top10 players going around very soon

Tambling Man said:
Kruezer is tracking close to Cox's performances at the same game experience level, except that Kruezer is younger. He will be an absolute star. Dangerfield, Rioli and Grimes are at least as good as Chimp on performances so far. I wouldn't swap Cotchin for any of them bar Kruezer, but that isn't to say that he is even in the top three of that draft.

In my mind Martin is certainly the best player we could have got at pick 3. Trengove and Scully look like superb players, but I really think we are lucky to get Martin, he is more of the type we needed, he might not end up being as good as the other two, but he is more of what we need, he has on-field leader written all over him. He really reminds me of Rissotto.

IMO Rioli is ahead ATM. He's a freak. But what a great group - Kreuzer, Chimp, Rioli, Dangerfield - some absolute cream talent there
BTW Matin doesn't really remind me of a rice dish ;D

If kreuzer really has done his knee that is huge injury, changes the shape of the afl over the next two years and also how the 07 draft will be judged

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

That is so true. Wallace consequently had no apparent game plan. Not sure if I understand Dimmas yet, but the emergence of guys like White, for mine, is clearly centered around them being given clear roles each week and being told to play to them.

Panthera tigris FC said:
Yep. A real shame for one of the future stars of the AFL. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it first appeared.

HUN mentioned ACL and out for rest of year today. Never good to see a young ruckman cut down early with a knee.

BladeTiger said:
HUN mentioned ACL and out for rest of year today. Never good to see a young ruckman cut down early with a knee.

So true and I feel sorry for Kruezer but I love to see misery on the faces of those tanking cheating scumbag supporters.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
So true and I feel sorry for Kruezer but I love to see misery on the faces of those tanking cheating scumbag supporters.

+1 CMT. Cheers.

well they all are young potential guns..and all have shown awesome stuff so early...but i wouldnt swap cotch or martin for anyone in the comp..

Tigers of Old said:
How good was that head on collision and collect in one motion by Dusty last night? :eek:

This kid is a revelation. Thrilled we have him.

Loved the one step kick from 45 out which sailed through as well.

Seems to be as indestructible as St Francis, yet as skilful as The Flea and Robert Wiley.

Absolute revelation to Tigerland is Dustin.

Dustin Martin is one of those absolute rare players that dont come around often.. He gets his own footy, can use the footy and importantly he KICKS GOALS as a midfielder.

The complete midfield package. Very much in the Mark Ricciuto mold.