Martin better than Scully, Cotchin better than Kreuzer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Martin better than Scully, Cotchin better than Kreuzer

Agreed. Martin is exactly what we need. He's hard at it; a ball winner; uses it well by foot and by hand and is tough. Not super quick, but quick enough. Ten year player that is good enough to play in a flag winning team. In this case, pick No. 3 has not hurt us at all. He's sensational and I'm glad we have him.

If we did end up with pick No. 4 this year, who's to say that we wouldn't again pick up the best young player?

I wouldn't make calls on any of those players yet. Except to say Kreuzer is off the charts to be playing as well as he is so young as a ruck.

I'm just glad we landed some pretty good kids in Dusty and Chimp

Kreuzer has outperformed Cotchin as a ruckman who generally take longer to come on. He's been amazing and wlll be the best ruckman in the comp in 2 years time. Although, some of that through not fault of Cotchin who's been hampered by injuries and lack of preseasons. So, too early to call but Kreuzer way in front.

Too early to tell on Scully/Trengove/Martin although very happy with Martin.

Kreuzer would be very nice, but Cotch is the leader we desperately need.

Scully and Trengove will both be stars, but Martin is the strong, skillful star we need.

Both players will be equal best from their drafts - both are exactly what we need and would not be traded for anyone else at the top end of their respective drafts.

Hopefully we get Pick 4 this year and this time a quality outside midfielder to finish off more of our clearance dominance.

Those guys were both great picks and will be great players , albiet , they were both high picks,

but after yesterdays game ,

I'm more thinking Jack Riewoldt at pick 13, what a pick that is turning out to be,

We struck gold there.

For our needs, based on performances so far, I think Martin is exactly what we needed, a tough inside midifelder with elite disposal skills. As players in general I think its way way to early to make judgement on the 3 players of last year. As for Kreuzer, gee you'd love to have him in your team. Ruckmen of his quality, performing so weel, so young are very difficult to find. But you can't be unhappy with cotchin, he has provided immense pleasure already watching him play.

All 4 players are quality players and to early to split apart..

But Martin does remind me of a young Mark Ricciuto and what we really needed. Long kick and hard body..

B2

Ian4 said:
bin thread. way too early to tell.

Of course it is, just allowing myself to get caught up in the excitement of the day - lighten up.

But I can ask this, doesnt matter how early it is - would you swap either one for the other, Scullyfor Martin, Cotchin for Kreuzer, for Richmond's list?

If you wouldn't swap them, then you pretty much agree with my point, dont ya?

GoodOne said:
For our needs, based on performances so far, I think Martin is exactly what we needed, a tough inside midifelder with elite disposal skills.

Yep, what we needed most. Think all three will be great, possibly Scully the greatest - but each club got what it needed.

GoodOne said:
As for Kreuzer, gee you'd love to have him in your team. Ruckmen of his quality, performing so weel, so young are very difficult to find. But you can't be unhappy with cotchin, he has provided immense pleasure already watching him play.

Kreuzer is a once in a generation ruckman, as Collingwood were supposed to be getting but cruelled him early. Hope that doesn't happen for poor Kreuzer - would have loved to have had him, but we probably would have cruelled him too. Cotchin is great.

We need to learn how to win easy ball, create space and time around the contested pack situation. We r not there yet, but on the right track. One more a-grade mid would not do any harm. More than just Martin, we need the full midfield package, including a dominating ruckman. Melb getting both scully and trengrove in one hit is an enviable situation. A bit like Lids and Bling, just that richie has not come on, yet.