Mal Brown Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mal Brown Poll

What would you prefer Mal Brown was doing?

• Influencing the Richond football club

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Sitting in a deep cave on planet Mars

Votes: 105 89.7%

• Total voters
Why the hell are they wanting to get rid of Gary March? Considering where the club was financially when he become president, what he's done is nothing short of amazing.

Completely bewildering.

Mal Brown - for god's sake keep your mouth shut for once.

We finally get a coach and an administration saying what we supporters have been screaming for years: that we want no excuses, that we want to cut deep, that we are prepared to do the hard yards.... and you have to stick your rent-a-quote mouth into it again.

For god's sake just leave us alone.

Mars isn't far enough away for my liking.

Who can forget Mal's great work when he was on the board last time.

Yeah, wasn't it the spectre of Mal Brown in the background being a disruptive figure back when we were looking for a coach to replace the Geisch that made Bomber Thompson wary of the Tigers?

Its blokes Mal Brown that have sent this club to where it is now!!

He just looked like a bloke that always wanted to rock the boat, regardless where we were on the ladder..

Not wanted,. not needed!!

stupid Topic and a very oridinary time to bring his name up.. :mad:

zippadeee said:
stupid Topic and a very oridinary time to bring his name up.. :mad:

It's in response to an article in regard to rumoured board ructions in the H/S today that quotes Brown. It's being discussed on the Journos Board zipper.

rosy23 said:
It's in response to an article in regard to rumoured board ructions in the H/S today that quotes Brown. It's being discussed on the Journos Board zipper.

Sorry, I haven't seen the papers today,

but regardless his name just brings back memories, with in house blues in the late 90's.

I just think it would just interpret whats benny and March are trying to do, and getting this club back on its feet

Dead set loser. For someone who played a massive 11 games with Richmond, he still seems to want to/or attract media limelight with Richmond. Run away little big man. just imagine if Campbell Brown played with us!!!!!

SkiddyMcGhee said:
Dead set loser. For someone who played a massive 11 games with Richmond, he still seems to want to/or attract media limelight with Richmond. Run away little big man. just imagine if Campbell Brown played with us!!!!!

looking at the poll it looks like Mal and Campbell have voted

Why isn't he commenting on his son's team and their current form? He sees them every week...

He is the Neil Harvey of AFL...journos ring him because they know he will be good for a quote.

Why are they wanting to get rid of Gary March? - perhaps it may have something to do with on-field performance my friend. It may even be related to the fact that he and his board have appointed untried, unproven (in some cases proven poor quality) personnel to an AFL club's most critical positions, ie coach, football manager, recruiting officer and football department in general. If you want to be a part of a financially successful enterprise go buy some BHP shares - they're cheap at present! Personally, I want to see the football team that I've supported for the past sixty years win games and play finals. And let's be clear - in the case of the RFC, on-field success will ensure off-field stability of both personnel and finances. Don't blame anyone for demanding change at the least successful AFL club in the past twenty years. Unless change occurs immediately resign yourself to being a supporter of Brendan Gale's Tassy Tigers within five years.

Absolute unadulterated garbage, we won't have a successful side until the off field is stabilised and we have structures in place to develop players.

Vintage 45 said:
Unless change occurs immediately resign yourself to being a supporter of Brendan Gale's Tassy Tigers within five years.

Immediate change won't be good for the club in the long run. With it, will bring half arsed, short term success.

I'd rather tough it out for a proper rebuild and take our chances than end up with a team like we had in the 90's, coming 9th every year.

Vintage 45 said:
Why are they wanting to get rid of Gary March? - perhaps it may have something to do with on-field performance my friend. It may even be related to the fact that he and his board have appointed untried, unproven (in some cases proven poor quality) personnel to an AFL club's most critical positions, ie coach, football manager, recruiting officer and football department in general. If you want to be a part of a financially successful enterprise go buy some BHP shares - they're cheap at present! Personally, I want to see the football team that I've supported for the past sixty years win games and play finals. And let's be clear - in the case of the RFC, on-field success will ensure off-field stability of both personnel and finances. Don't blame anyone for demanding change at the least successful AFL club in the past twenty years. Unless change occurs immediately resign yourself to being a supporter of Brendan Gale's Tassy Tigers within five years.

Is that you Mal?

There is no doubt that anyone who is out there saying that Richmond needs a board change at the moment is absolutely just MUCK RACKING. People are always entitled to their opinion, freedom of speach should be kept alive and well.

But really with us, the biggest, negative is unthink and emotional supporters who have the potential to believe and follow some of this dribble.

I think an IQ test for members is way overdue!!!!!