Majac Daw | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Majac Daw

has the trial finished. by all accounts it looks fairly bad for him. If convicted surely this is jail time (and rightful so if has been proven guilty!)

BrisTiger24 said:
Based on the initial evidence I have read in the paper, it is looking that way to me. Some talk that he has a second one on the cards too isn't there?

Something the supposed second victim has denied.

69 vintage said:
Found Not Guilty today .

Was always gonna happen. AFL players always get off for serious crimes.
The girl should have waited until he's retired, then she'd have gotten an allegedly better result.

The_General said:
Was always gonna happen. AFL players always get off for serious crimes.
The girl should have waited until he's retired, then she'd have gotten an allegedly better result.

Pretty ordinary General. That seems to be an assumption of guilt. It may well have never happened. It's not for us to judge or speculate about.

Whether he is guilty or not doesn't matter, he will suffer for the rest of his life as General has proven with his post.

I'd take a different tact and say that in hind site this was probably the most likely outcome. Not because of some sort of conspiracy theory that it's because he's an AFL footballer. More because, as the case went on it appeared to be more or less a he said/she said scenario. And happened years ago when they were both minors. Pretty hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the offense occurred. Unless it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, a guilty verdict will never happen.

Was it a fair & just result? Who knows. I suppose it is one of those situations where only Majak and the compainant will ever know for sure.

rosy23 said:
Pretty ordinary General. That seems to be an assumption of guilt. It may well have never happened. It's not for us to judge or speculate about.

Agree pretty poor post.

Panthera Tigris said:
I'd take a different tact and say that in hind site this was probably the most likely outcome. Not because of some sort of conspiracy theory that it's because he's an AFL footballer. More because, as the case went on it appeared to be more or less a he said/she said scenario. And happened years ago when they were both minors. Pretty hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the offense occurred. Unless it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, a guilty verdict will never happen.

Was it a fair & just result? Who knows. I suppose it is one of those situations where only Majak and the compainant will ever know for sure.
I agree, PT. Once it turned into a he said/she said scenario, this was always going to be the likely outcome of the case.