Lost interest in 2015 Finals - you too? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lost interest in 2015 Finals - you too?

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
I live in country NSW and am an AFL footy tragic - every night I watch Fox Footy 360 - Thursdays I watch Footy Teams to see who has been selected by the Tigers and who has been dropped and listen to the opinions of the commentators. Every day I'm on this website and the AFL website scouring it for news of the yellow and black variety.

This week I have not turned to the Fox Footy Channel - I have not read the news on the AFL Web Site - I have come here to gauge who Richmond should be chasing in the off season and who we have delisted. Plus read on here opinions of the the big selection move of the week - Turnbull in, Abbott dropped.

I couldn't tell you what time or day the games are on this weekend nor who has been selected or dropped.

My in-laws have a family function on Grand Final day and I was going to bow out gracefully so I could watch the GF with friends. Now I'm going to the family do.

In short I've lost interest in season 2015.

I feel sad - because for as long as I can remember (I'm 61 next month) I've been a fanatical follower of the AFL/VFL.

How about you guys - what habits have you changed since last Sunday?

I lost interest in footy chat shows and newspaper reports ages ago. Sick of the egos and the regurgitation of the same old things. Haven't watched near as much footy as usual either.

I am still interested in the finals. Much to tigerdog's probable disgust I like my kids teams to do well. If they're happy I'm happy, as long as it's not at the Tige's expense. I hope to see a Hawks Kangas GF. If those teams bow out I will still watch the granny. It's a tradition that's long been ingrained into the fabric of my being. Won't be overly emotional about it but will still enjoy the game. I hope it's not a fizzer. I hope all future finals games show our club the intensity needed to win on the big stage. I wonder how much thought they'll even give to it.

rosy23 said:
I lost interest in footy chat shows and newspaper reports ages ago. Sick of the egos and the regurgitation of the same old things. Haven't watched near as much footy as usual either.

I am still interested in the finals. Much to tigerdog's probable disgust I like my kids teams to do well. If they're happy I'm happy, as long as it's not at the Tige's expense. I hope to see a Hawks Kangas GF. If those teams bow out I will still watch the granny. It's a tradition that's long been ingrained into the fabric of my being. Won't be overly emotional about it but will still enjoy the game. I hope it's not a fizzer. I hope all future finals games show our club the intensity needed to win on the big stage. I wonder how much thought they'll even give to it.

As Bob Marley once sang, "no Richmond no care.... "

As for the footy shows on TV, I must say I have no idea as to how they are these days as I switched them all off a couple of years ago. This was due to the really terrible quality provided, and that is without sinking down to discuss the lack of quality on The Footy Show; talk about a 'we love ourselves' toss fest! Blah!

I live on the Central Coast of NSW and would LOVE to have a great footy show to watch each week, but what is provided isn't worth my time.

i am the same Remote (must) be something to do with living in rural NSW!

the only interest i have now is trade week!

I have no interest in AFl at all or cricket or ..........any other sport really!!

maybe the iron wonman series!! :spin

agree with OP basically. Third year in a row has done my head in. I deleted my account on another *ahem* footy forum.
Haven't watched or listened to anything AFL related all week.

Yeah more or less the same... So many trolls with the same tired comments and jokes around everywhere kind of makes everything obvious and stale. I even switched on the footy show for a few minutes last night only to see Crawford throwing eggs at Sam Newman yet again. How many times do we have to see that!!!!

On the field I dislike Norf and Hawks with a passion and am a bit meh about the rest so get how you feel.

I'm still interested, personally. Partly because of Adelaide's story this year. Tonight's game should be a belter.

RT I feel pretty much the same.

I still listen to some talkback radio, SEN to listen to crazy, funny at times KB but not really into this finals series as I've been most of my life. Tigers bowing out again knocked the stuffing out as they say.

The fact that there is a real possibility of an all interstate Prelim finals is another. This hasn't occurred since 2006 and ironically the same 4 sides might be competing again.

I would like to see Adelaide progress through if I spoke with my heart due to what the club had to endure.

Couldn't cope with a Hawks three in a row.

But it is a strange feeling that has overcome me and I was thinking the same thing this morning. I still may tune in, maybe watch and listen to them and heaven forbid, may even work on GF instead of the traditional GF barbecue.

Who do people want to see play off in the GF and win?

after 6 weeks overseas I couldn't wait for the finals to start. I caught up for dinner with friends last Friday and I made sure it was at a place with footy on the TV. as the weekend went on, while I was excited about Richmond, my interest in the other games waned dramatically. the Freo v Sydney game was an absolute Barry Crocker of a spectacle. Footscray v Adelaide was a cracker of a game but the wrong team won IMO.

after our loss, I was upset and vented for 24 hours. but come Monday night, I had moved on and my attention had already turned to the ALeague which starts in 3 weeks (plus finally a home FFA cup game for Victory next Tuesday).

Apart from jumping on here occasionally, I have completely switched off footy. none of the teams remaining interests me. Every year there is always a team where I think 'well I can live with them winning the flag.' This year, I don't feel this way about any of the remaining teams. Grand Final aside, I doubt I'll watch any of the other finals.

I reckon NRL is a crap sport, but even I posed the question to a couple of mates about the idea of going to the storm game next week... I highly doubt I'll go, but it gives you a bit of an idea of my mindset.

waiting said:
I still listen to some talkback radio, SEN to listen to crazy, funny at times KB but not really into this finals series as I've been most of my life. Tigers bowing out again knocked the stuffing out as they say.

been home 11 days and SEN has been driving me absolutely bonkers. I can't switch off because there is nothing else to listen to. they are a tired station with has-been announcers that needs a massive rejuvenation.

Agree Ian4.

Had the same discussion with a friend of mine to attend the Storm Prelim next week but I don't mind NRL and the Storm. Unbelievable proud, well coached club who have an amazing culture and group of players.

Can't wait for the ALeague to start and for back to back Victory glory.

But yep SEN apart from KB the rest is crap apart from Mark Fine at times!

Pretty sad our lot hey? Tigers out again and lights out for most of us watching the rest of the finals series.

I guess that's what 3 final exits with do to you!

Yep the same.

I find these days I don't necessarily follow football, I follow Richmond.

Despise Hawthorn, so if I can see them go out in straight sets, this might get me a quarter interested. But more likely, I doubt I'll watch any finals - even the GF. Just not overly interested.

The Mrs follows the Swannies, so in the unlikely event they got through to the granny, I may watch it. But given they're undermanned, they're even a chance of going down to a mediocre side like North, which would make me :vomit. And even if the Swans did get there (to the granny), can't see them doing much. All a bit meh really.

Probably switch over to the Rugby Union World Cup. Don't go much on League, but Union I quite enjoy.

I'm a footy lover. I'm looking forward to the Hawks V Crows game which should be a belter.

Fully aboard the Crows bandwagon atm.

Yep, no interest for me. Won't go out of my way to watch any of the games. Have greater interest in free agency and trade period. Probably wont even take interest in the draft because I'm hopeful we would have traded ourselves out of the first couple of rounds to pick up a combo of Treloar, Bennell, Redden, Z Smith

good stuff waiting.

I have massive respect for the storm and what they've achieved, despite my opinion of their sport. they have caught my attention this week... not because their home prelim will be the only game in to next week, but because of all the anti-storm and anti-Melbourne murmurings coming out of Sydney this week. we haven't heard that stuff for a little while, but it does fire me up (even if its related to a sport I don't follow).