Long way to go | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Long way to go

Tiger Crikey

Tiger Cub
May 22, 2009
North-East Vic.
After watching that magnificent game last night

and the class of these two teams St. Kilda and the Dogies

I am now convinced we the tiges have a long long long

way to go.

What game where you watching Crikey?

Magnificent would not really describe the game that I watched on tv. Borefest more like it.

I don't even think AD would like to see those types of games showcase AFL.

Hardly a magnificent game when after almost 120 minutes of footy both team score less than 50 points.
If thats the new AFL standard :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping
It was like a game of keepings off and forget about scoring to win the game

Let me enlarge on what I stated.

Looking at the statistics including kicks, marks and tackles

there were many players from both sides who had over 25 posessions.

Now if you compared the Tiges with that we are not in the race yet

and it will take some time.

I thought the game had 3 classes above ours on stats

Tiger Crikey said:

way to go.

do you mean in building the list or winning our first game?

Tiger Crikey said:

way to go.

do you think, I would have thouight our average 8 goals a game would have us right on the money :hihi

Tiger Crikey said:
Let me enlarge on what I stated.

I think the word you are looking for might be 'expand' or similar.

Otherwise it sounds like you really like the sound of your own voice :eek:

Tiger Crikey said:

way to go.

And you didn't think that before the game?

If that game is classed as magnificent,I think I will start watching the grass grow.

Tigerhart04 said:
What game where you watching Crikey?

Magnificent would not really describe the game that I watched on tv. Borefest more like it.

I don't even think AD would like to see those types of games showcase AFL.

Agreed. That was garbage last night. Absolute crap. Mass flooding, kicking short backwards and sideways, handball happy, going around in circles, it was a total snoozefest. In fact I did fall asleep in the last quarter and woke up just in time to see Fisher kick the winning goal.

Very disappointing from 2 supposed top 4 sides.

Ridley said:
Agreed. That was garbage last night. Absolute crap. Mass flooding, kicking short backwards and sideways, handball happy, going around in circles, it was a total snoozefest. In fact I did fall asleep in the last quarter and woke up just in time to see Fisher kick the winning goal.

Very disappointing from 2 supposed top 4 sides.

exactly, how on earth could witnessing that horrid showcase of this great game, prompt this thread, does NFI mean anything :eek:

Tiger Crikey said:

way to go.

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking we would be hot favourites for 2011 premiers! Apparently not though

I went last night expecting to see a great game of footy.

Geez it was crap.

If that's what we're gonna have to do to win a flag the games in trouble :(

premiers2010 said:
I went last night expecting to see a great game of footy.

Geez it was crap.

If that's what we're gonna have to do to win a flag the games in trouble :(

The AFL has to bring in a new rule that kicking backwards in the back 50 metre arc is automatically play on this would stop most of the garbage we saw last night.

btoz_01 said:
The AFL has to bring in a new rule that kicking backwards in the back 50 metre arc is automatically play on this would stop most of the garbage we saw last night.
but won't the keepings off move to the half back line? i think it should be automatic play on anywhere in your defensive half.

or they restrict the players into zones. Stop a side ending up with 18 players in their defensive 50.

cmontiges said:
but won't the keepings off move to the half back line? i think it should be automatic play on anywhere in your defensive half.

Not necessarily as most of the kicks backwards are usually into or inside the defensive 50m arc.
This rule would force the play forwards from the backline and make it more entertaining instead of this holding the ball in the air which = go back and play keepings off to run down the clock.

Please, no more rule changes.

The onus is on teams to counter these types of situations. Tactics change and adapt. If you have the majority of games consistently devolving into this "type" of football only then should you consider changes.